Majesty Inspiration

Rockguitarzan

Experienced
The result of my latest GAS is the Musicman Polar Noir Majesty.

View attachment 23001

I feel very lucky to be playing such a fine instrument. So much so, Ive started to take lessons from a young talented guy. I want to build upon my rock/blues background and expand into new techniques that didnt exist when I started playing the guitar 45 years ago. Like tremolo picking, sweeping, tapping and generally using more then the pentatonic scales to improvise with. Its amazing where inspiration can come from.

Congratulations! Got a new guitar this week myself and enjoying it enormously. Enjoy yours and expanding your musical horizons.

But.. just to put my pedant hat on for a moment.. techniques like tapping have been around for quite a long time, here's the proof :)

Congratulation man, that’s a fine piece of gear! :encouragement:
I love MM guitars, I think they are amazing, I have a JP6 and it has the best neck I've ever played, it's always my first go-to when I play, love it!
Now I have a huge GAS for a BFR quilted top.
I can't help it, I just need it!

Last edited:
I love MM guitars, I think they are amazing, I have a JP6 and it has the best neck I've ever played, it's always my first go-to when I play, love it!

How does the BFR differ from the JP6 you have?

It a different animal.
The BFR has Alder with mahogany Tone Block body and you also can have it with Mahogany body while the JP6 is basswood.
Painted neck vs. clean neck.
Different neck radius.
Neck is mahogany and not Birdseye maple as on the JP6
Quilt, or flame maple or koa top.
They all equipped with piazo, you can't get it without.
That’s the basic.

buy one of mine so i can get the majesty!

Send a PM and we will see

orly-owl.jpg

The other big one for me is mass. My Majesty is super light whereas my BFR7 koa (koa top on Mahogany body) weighs a ton. JPX6 is somewhere in between. The satinized finish on the Majesty is also more like the early JP6s or rosewood necks whereas the JPXs being gloss can be a bit sticky. Pickups have changed over the years as well. I'm really liking the Majesty as my go to 6-string at the moment.

I should have been a radiologist... LOL

Congratulations! Got a new guitar this week myself and enjoying it enormously. Enjoy yours and expanding your musical horizons.

But.. just to put my pedant hat on for a moment.. techniques like tapping have been around for quite a long time, here's the proof :)

Back
Top Bottom