Main Control Knob Wierdness

youngmic

Inspired
My main control knob suddenly has an increased friction to it and makes a scraping noise when I turn it. Has anyone experienced this?

youngmic said:
Nope. In a rack case and well protected. Definitely weird.

Are you talking about the Value wheel or the volume knobs? Sometimes the Value wheel can be pushed in a little to far and it will rub on the face plate. Just give it a little tug and it should be fine ;) .

If the knob is the type with a cover that pops off there's a nut that can be loosened for adjusting position. You might want check if it's snug to prevent any further movement.

Thanks Bakerman. I don't think I would ever have thought to look for that! Very helpful. The nut seems tight but will know more the next time it happens : ).

mine does this as well..rubbing/friction.

i baby the thing but it is in a soft rack case in the back of my car so if could have pushed up against other gear during transportation and shifted the throw of the knob.

still works perfectly...

This may be the most useful thread I've read in days. I bought my Ultra used (and fairly cheap) from a forumite with this exact problem, and figured worst case scenario I would just talk to Fractal and install a new wheel. It's been fairly annoying. Why I never thought to see if there was a cover on the wheel to adjust it... :oops:

So, gracias!

Bakerman said:
If the knob is the type with a cover that pops off there's a nut that can be loosened for adjusting position. You might want check if it's snug to prevent any further movement.

I think Some of the older models don't have that nut and washer that mounts the value wheel to the pot. Ether that or it's a Ultra vrs Standard thing :? Any way what I did with mine was to wad up a small amount of tissue paper and load it in to the hole, effectively shimming up the wheel so it no longer can be pushed in to the face plate.

DSCN4458.jpg

Back
Top Bottom