Maiden Powerslave Cover

Lee2216

Inspired
Thanks to kavoo for sharing his Dave Murray lead tone settings for Powerslave and giving me some inspiration to cover this beast of a tune. Tried to use soundcloud to share but due to copyright restrictions I had to use YT. Hope you guys enjoy! Up the Irons!!

You're most welcome :)

Tried to use soundcloud to share but due to copyright restrictions I had to use YT.
Try to speed up a bit your recording before uploading to Soundcloud. For example - if an original recording lasts 5:00, try to squeeze your cover to something like 4:50-4:55. You won't hear the difference when listening and it should upload without any problem - I've read somewhere that Soundcloud is sensitive to song length and speeding things up a bit can fool it ;)

BTW - very nicely played, although I cannot overlook small deviation from the original in the main riff... but I'm a sick orthodox regarding covering note for note, so feel free to ignore my comment :D

Try to speed up a bit your recording before uploading to Soundcloud. For example - if an original recording lasts 5:00, try to squeeze your cover to something like 4:50-4:55. You won't hear the difference when listening and it should upload without any problem - I've read somewhere that Soundcloud is sensitive to song length and speeding things up a bit can fool it ;)

Thanks for the info. I was wondering why others have uploaded Maiden no problem but I was having a problem. This explains it.

Really nice tone! I had to listen for a little while before I realized it wasn't the original.
Cool! After mixing this for a while my ears became dead to the tone so I wasn't sure how close it was to the original. Thanks for your perspective.

Back
Top Bottom