Made some magnetic tags

aleclee

Power User
I know there are a few versions out there on the market but I just wasn't feelin' any of em. Once I got things measured out, it was surprisingly easy to make 'em. I used business card magnets cut in half. They're adhesive so I just printed out the labels and stuck 'em on. Got a 19mm hole punch at a craft store and then used scissors to finish off the channel for the switch and LED.

MFC%20Tags.jpg

"Double rainbow!! Double rainbow!! What's it mean?!!" :)

Looks good man!

In case people don't get the joke-

[video]http://youtu.be/OQSNhk5ICTI[/video]

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! Didn't catch the reference.

Not the most original graphics but they'll do for now. The good thing is that I have enough magnets for about four more sets. :D

Looks great! Can you tell us which magnetic business cards you used ( mfg/type). Also, what do you mean that they're adhesive - do you mean the cards stick to the MFC ( as I assume magnetic cards would ) or do you mean the labels you printed out somehow stick to the magnets. I would think that you need to glue the labels onto the magnet surface but maybe something else is going on? How well are the magnets sticking to the MFC?

Looks great! Can you tell us which magnetic business cards you used ( mfg/type). Also, what do you mean that they're adhesive - do you mean the cards stick to the MFC ( as I assume magnetic cards would ) or do you mean the labels you printed out somehow stick to the magnets. I would think that you need to glue the labels onto the magnet surface but maybe something else is going on? How well are the magnets sticking to the MFC?
I used Make A Magnet Business Card Magnets. I got mine at the local Office Depot. They're adhesive on one side so the printed labels stick to the magnets. After putting on the labels, I punched holes in the magnets with a 3/4" paper punch. It's a mm or so bigger than the washer on the switch but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The magnets are pretty secure. They're not hard to remove/reposition but they're not going to just fall off the MFC. They stick about the way you'd expect a magnetic business card to stick to a fridge door.

The one thing that I plan to do differently on the next batch is laminate them. I'm not playing out these days but if I were, I'd not want the plain paper exposed to the elements.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom