MacOs 13.4.1 issue

jimmynorrisjr

Experienced
Looks like my macbook autoupgraded last night. Now I can't stream USB audio. Anyone looking to upgrade MacOs might want to hold off. Anyone else have this issue?

Not having any issues on 13.4.1 that I can tell. I'm re-amping tracks from Logic to an AXE III. Seems to be working here. I'm also streaming system audio to my Allen-heath mixer without an issue too. Just standard Output mapping in the Midi Setup app.

Looks like my macbook autoupgraded last night. Now I can't stream USB audio. Anyone looking to upgrade MacOs might want to hold off. Anyone else have this issue?
Been on this update since it was released.
No issues here….
What exactly is the issue you are seeing?

After trying several different cables, restarting Af3 and macbook, and switching back and forth between the USB audio mappings it started working again. I really prefer Mac to Windows, but this thing gets flaky sometimes.

After trying several different cables, restarting Af3 and macbook, and switching back and forth between the USB audio mappings it started working again. I really prefer Mac to Windows, but this thing gets flaky sometimes.
Yeah being a windows and Mac user for some years I will say.
Windows will auto switch to whatever interface was connected last.
Mac tends to stick with the one you set.

I only ever have it set to the AF3. I don't have any other USB interfaces. Just odd how it stopped until I swapped several cables, restarted the MB and AF3 a few times, changed ports, etc. It just started working and now works with any of the cables, ports, etc. Just glad it works again, I guess.

When this happens you might need to check your “Microphone” permissions in MacOS settings. I’ve had some updates reset app permissions and I need to reassign which apps can access the audio interfaces. It’s an issue on the MacOS side, not the Fractal side.

If you’d rather your Mac didn’t update automatically – sneakily, in the dead of the night – you can go to:

Apple icon on the menu bar / System Settings / General / Software Update

and turn off automatic updates altogether, or just allow them for security updates. There are additional options, as well.

I will have to check that, thank you Werpinater for that info. I have since turned off auto updating randyman, thanks for that info as well. Everything seems fine now. I took several reboots of both the macbook and AF3.

Back
Top Bottom