Mackie Thump15 Active

On loan from my DJ mate and good news for these? I'm now getting into the matching cab with right amp and sounds a bit bottom flabby, not gotta start the what is best but thinking of pulling trigger on QSC K12 instead. I never see the Thump mentioned so thng it might be the not so goos active PA to use. I'm also using it with a Variax for acoustic so must be FRFR.

Cheers for any help

You don't see these mentioned as they're too cheap for this crowd. I've used them and with a bit of EQ they sound OK, just don't expect them to be flat. The K12s are better no doubt but twice as good? IMHO only. :)

Ive tried both... Initially i had the Mackie and adored it. However when I pushed down-tuned sounds through it I lost my bottom end control. it sounded Flubby and loose. Not terribly loose but in comparison to my Xitone this was abundantly clear to me...
If you can, demo a Xitone 212 cab ASAP! Ive pushed this cab to the limit in Drop A tuning with med/med-High gain sounds and poof! solved. Send Mick Farlow a msg and get his opinions on this before you drop more cash on a cab that will most likey bear the same results!

Home | XiTone Cabs

good Luck!

Never tried the Alto. But they are everywhere and are super cheap.. Options!!!
Personally I was happy and settled on my Mackie. Then I heard what was supposed to happen!

Tongue in cheek comment really, yeah haven't tried the Altos. I can get a sound I like on almost anything and it changes regularly. I'd quite like to check out those Line6 Stagesource things at some stage.

Back
Top Bottom