Mackie MR5 mk2 with Axe FX 2?

somata

Inspired
Got my coupon, but am probably another month from being able to pull the trigger (the need for new tires and holiday plane tickets threw a wrench into the plan), but I've been doing a lot of reading up so that I can hit the ground running when I can finally place my order. I'm wondering if anyone is using the Mackie MR5 MK2 monitors with their Axe FX? They've gotten good reviews from what I've been able to dig up...

For playing live I plan on doing the SLA2 into my Mesa 4x12's thing, but I could definitely stand to upgrade my studio monitors for recording and low volume writing/practice. I know a lot of users here are going with higher end monitors, but after dropping $2200 on the Axe (and then picking up the footcontroller a month or two after that) I can't justify spending a fortune on monitors too...

Any opinions? Other monitors in the $300-400/pair price range?

So we're 1 for 1 against...lol!!! For each of you, are these the previous version or the current version (mk2)?

So we're 1 for 1 against...lol!!! For each of you, are these the previous version or the current version (mk2)?

I don't know/remember if they were the mk2. Mine were purchased in 2009. They had the "Mackie" logo in text on the front instead of the little "man" logo.

I know I'm a little late but for anyone still interested these mackies sound way to boomy .i just hooked them up so i need to tweek the globle eq still but way to much bass.

Back
Top Bottom