Mac OS 10.7.4 released

I read the release notes and didnt see anything mentioned abour changes to anything audio related. Unless i missed something

Yeah - Matt was inferring there would be some changes to the audio system. Apple doesn't always put everything in the release notes so maybe they know something more.

10.7.4 was a security hole fix. File Vault left your password in the open as clear text and could be read, should prying eyes want to sniff it out. They were pressed to get this release (patch) out as a result of all the media behind the security issues as of late. Keep in mind they were just subject to the Flashback Trojan that basically made Mac users come to realize (as well as Apple) that market share comes with a price.

There certainly the possibility that other fixes may have been in the patch release, but it wasn't a traditional bug fix release. More of a cover our butts release.

How would they know something more?

I'm curious. I assume you're asking because of the 'aggregate device' issue that we have, but a little lost on how this version of OSX solves this.

Ron

Matt was hinting that 10.7.4 "could" address some of the audio crackling that some people see on the Mac. But they can't discuss Apple releases before they're out. I was just wondering if they could speak to it more now that 10.7.4 is out. They may not know any more - I wasn't trying to stir anything up and Fractal isn't responsible for whatever Apple packages up in their releases.

You guys are totally overlooking the biggest upside of this update. More important than the USB update, dollar draft night and Dokken reuniting for a reunion tour playing nothing but songs from Tooth and Nail.

Resolve an issue in which the "Reopen windows when logging back in" setting is always enabled.

(Ok, maybe dollar draft night is a little more important..)

You guys are totally overlooking the biggest upside of this update. More important than the USB update, dollar draft night and Dokken reuniting for a reunion tour playing nothing but songs from Tooth and Nail.

Dokken is in the 10.7.4 update? You see, that's something Apple doesn't put in the release notes.

Back
Top Bottom