Mac Alternative - ASUS ROG Strix!

DXMG503

Just a quick review of an amazing laptop I’m using for recording and mixing: the ASUS ROG Strix G16.

I’m using the 2nd tier model, not the top tier. It has an amazing i9 processor and lots of ram.

I’ve never been a Mac guy and I really wanted a good laptop for recording and mixing. I was ready to spend a lot of money, so I did loads of research before hand on a bunch of gaming laptops, and I kept running into the same problems with most of them. Gaming laptops have great internals for music, but most of them get way too hot, and their cooling fans are way too noisy for a recording environment.

The ASUS ROG Strix has non of these issues. It’s been amazing. I highly recommend it.

+1 on ASUS ROG. I have an ancient G71V that is still going strong. I replaced the HDDs for SSDs that made it 10 times faster, but I didn´t have any problems recording a full drum kit (12 mics or so + MIDI) while running a dozen playback tracks at the same time before that.
The fan did start getting noisy some years ago, no idea why. I cleaned everything but still...maybe the SSDs are running hotter?

Back
Top Bottom