m13 as floor controller?

steveb

Inspired
anyone tried it? It looks like it might work pretty well according to the manual, except that sending program changes might require 2 button presses. Otherwise it looks like it gives you 12 IA switches normally.

I do it. I use the M13 to switch effects on the unit itself as well as switch my amp channels via Midi (my amp has 4 channels and is midi compatible). I just use one bank with 12 programs for everything, sometimes I might go into the scene in the M13 and activate or deactivate certain effects on the fly.

Works well, and I've done 2 gigs and several rehearsals with this setup. I haven't experimented with anything beyond simple program changes though.

I tried using it for control changes (IAs) when I had one. It didn't really work well in that mode, at least if you expect the LEDs to indicate which CCs are active. For example, if you have activated FX1 switch A and then activate FX1 switch B, the LED for switch A goes off even though it's still active. It would be cool if they updated the firmware to allow it to be used strictly as a controller with the ability for multiple LEDs in each FX section to be lit simultaneously.

Back
Top Bottom