M@ IS A ROCK STAR!!

What a great thread; what a great company. I've never had the occasion to interact with Matt, but I did get to meet Cliff a few years back. Everyone on the forum knows how fortunate we are to reap the benefits of the Fractal team's dedication.

I've never been one to wave flags or insist on "buying American" for jingoistic reasons; I look for the best tools I can get at a price that makes them a great value. But I can't help being proud when a small American company stands out as a real world-beater. The right people, the right philosophy and a hell of a lot of hard work; as the saying goes, the world will still beat a path to your door.

Here, it's preaching to the choir, but off the forum, I'm always happy to be able to cite Fractal as an example of what American companies need to be to not just compete, but to thrive and lead on a global level. If you're smart, innovative and deliver the highest quality, you can set your own price and remain profitable.

And when people with incredibly high levels of expertise will literally spend hours with you, making sure you get the most out of gear you've already paid for… how can you put a price on that? Talk about value-added!

I have to also give my thumbs up to M@ and the entire FAS team! Even though I haven't had much, if any, interaction with them on a personal level, I can see their impact and their dedication to the product everyday here on the forum.

When I purchase any product, customer service is probably the most important feature I look for. Before purchasing most products, I'll even call the company directly and if I only get answering machines and no real human contact, I generally won't purchase the product. This was especially true when it came to deciding on my purchase of the AxeFX, as well as my controller (RJM... an amazing company, producing amazing products and led by two of the best people you'll ever have the pleasure to speak with). These are units that are so sophisticated, and honestly way over my head in terms of their full capabilities, so I know that I am one that is going to be reaching out for help somewhere along the line and most likely many times over. The price points of these products are also quite high in relation to other competitors gear, but with the customer service so high, it truly makes the investment more than worth it. That is why I have chosen to own the best... not only because of the quality of the product but because of the quality of people behind the product!

I also have to say that for a forum geared specifically towards a single product or two, this "FAS family" we have here is absolutely outstanding and I also want to give a shout out to EVERYONE that is a participant, actively offering their tips and knowledge to even the most basic of questions for newbies and advanced users alike. :)

Thank you all for all the help you have already given and for all the help that will continue to be given. :)

+1 here. M@ IS a Rockstar. After several emails back and forth to resolve an issue I was having, he called me from his home at 9:30pm. After 20 minutes of trial and error, he determined that I had a bad etherCon cable. I hooked up an XLR to the FASLINK, per his instruction - probelem solved. He was friendly and knowledgeable. The Axe-Fx II and MFC-101 are the best pieces of gear I've owned (from a pretty impressive list of gear) and the support that I got from M@ is bar-none the best I've ever gotten.

There were no "tips" really. If anything, I emphasized the importance of really developing a tone shaping style based on knowledge and experience.
We dialed in the amp block to work with his particular real guitar cab, setting drive, master, and tone controls for a scooped heavy tone with the VH4 and the RECTO RED.
Settings that might look totally wild and "wrong" for an FRFR rig are FAIR GAME when you're playing through a real cab, especially one that's very different from that which produces the sound you're after.
We talked about how the tonal character of a sound seems to change at high and low volumes.
I encouraged setting up and using Axe-Edit for the first time.
I demonstrated how LISTENING to learn and really get to know the effect of individual controls per amp was the key to changing "what you want" into "what you hear."
We used the amp's graphic EQ to change the character of the connected Port City cab, cutting low mids and adding some extra bite.
We talked about how removing low end can help you sit right with a bass player.
Then, a technique for using two amps in stereo by panning their output balances. Many "real guitar cab" players forget this technique, but it can be killer cool.
We removed ALL reverb and effects while dialing in an amp tone. We added delay back later and I answered questions about the controls.

In all honestly, I must share any gratitude publicly with Cliff and my co-workers. The motivation to do good work comes from the very ethos of this company and the pleasure of working with happy, friendly customers like Chad and the others I spoke with last night.

So thank YOU.

M@,
I've always hoped you might be able to produce a video tutorial that illustrates these skills/techniques. Another wish would be to do the same illustrating some of the presets you've helped some artists create to achieve their sonic needs and get the most out of an Axe-II and MFC.

Basically just to be a fly on the wall while you do what you do.

So much could be learned in a short amount of time. More importantly, things could be learned that might never be considered without seeing it.

Just a wish. (Right up there with world peace & cars that run on H2O - no pressure) :lol

Not to pile on, but M@ has been really helpful to me on many occasions. Whether it was chiming in on forum questions or helping with info and artwork for Gigwrx labels. I've never been as impressed with any company I've ever dealt with as I am with Fractal. Cliff has put together a great company with great employees that clearly know and enjoy the products they have. More companies should look to Fractal as a business model.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Yup Matt is a rockstar. He personally took care of my Mfc order when I walked into the shop last week, gave me free goodies for being a loyal fractal customer, let me in on the Mark Day secret before the announcement, and took a pic with Mark and I.

M@,
I've always hoped you might be able to produce a video tutorial that illustrates these skills/techniques. Another wish would be to do the same illustrating some of the presets you've helped some artists create to achieve their sonic needs and get the most out of an Axe-II and MFC.

Basically just to be a fly on the wall while you do what you do.

So much could be learned in a short amount of time. More importantly, things could be learned that might never be considered without seeing it.

Just a wish. (Right up there with world peace & cars that run on H2O - no pressure) :lol

I think this is a great idea. With Matt, and Mark Day on board now, tutorials would be killer. This box has so much going for it it's hard for us mere mortals to see it's full potential.

Back
Top Bottom