FS M Franks 00-12 slight price drop

garyrogue

Inspired
For sale it the M Franks 00-12. Great woods and guitar. 00 body size is too small for me and nut width is borderline too wide and other personal issues force me to sell. Of course I could not keep from playing it, yesterday I put a very depression/ding in top coat on back. Very small, hard to find if you didn't know it was there. I'll try to get pic of it. Asking $6100.00 shipped conus. Payment via Venmo, paypal friend, bank transfer or cover fees.
Here are a few photos I took, but old ad has plenty photos and description, which I copy/pasted. I'll add more photos later.
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549674&highlight=franks
Thanks Gary

ECtHxbJ.jpg

NOuGjfw.jpg

paYApuc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cn9f3kZ.jpg[/img]

https://i.imgur.com/TQSUnUm.jpg[/img]

https://i.imgur.com/OcWylkz.jpg[/img]

https://i.imgur.com/1MEkpnK.jpg[/img]

The description below is from a previous ad and much better than I can describe.

For sale is a 2010 00-12 built by Mike Franks in Rochester Hills, MI. As you’d expect from a guitar modeled after the Martin 00, this Franks has a traditional tone. Its timbre is clear and bell-like with complex overtones: very sweet all around. The 12-fret geometry and Adirondack top endow it with a slightly bigger voice than you might expect, but fundamentally this is designed to be and succeeds as an intimate fingerstyle instrument. It has a focused, articulate response. I have a light touch and I love how this Franks is brimming with musical potential: the sound just wants to leap out of this guitar.
The soundboard is Red “Adirondack” Spruce sourced from Randy Lucas. Mike almost exclusively builds with Red Spruce so he really knows how to get the most from it. For a small-bodied factory build Adirondack might not be the best choice, but here in the hands of a builder who knows how to voice it properly it sure is a fine fingerstyle top. And this particular top is perfectly quartersawn with no runout and all the silking you want.
The back and sides are constructed from a lovely set of Brazilian Rosewood. The back has a rich chocolaty hue with light curl while the sides introduce some orange color variegation that really pops against the flamed Koa binding. Mike buys his Brazilian directly from a supplier in Brazil and imports it with CITES and Fish & Wildlife license. The Brazilian in this guitar is flitch-matched and quartersawn. No flatsawn or knotty stump material here. Mike’s supplier reclaims his wood from old logs and beams.
In addition to the classic Brazilian/Adirondack tonewood combination and the Martin-inspired voicing, the fine herringbone trim, slotted headstock, “diamonds and squares” fingerboard inlays, carved “dart” volute, and pyramid bridge all evoke a traditional aesthetic. The Snakewood Waverlys (see how their figure matches the Brazilian headstock overlay!) and aforementioned Koa binding are the only hints of a modern vibe—and most welcome ones for I cannot abide plastic on my guitars. Hot Hide Glue construction for the top braces, bridge, and fingerboard continues the vintage theme. And the gorgeously figured, aged walrus bone saddle and end pins—crafted by John Mickelson of Seldovia, Alaska—testify to the highest quality of material and detail even in the most minute of appointments.
• Neck: figured Honduran Mahogany
----Frets to body: 12
----Shape: medium C
----Joint: solid Mahogany blocks with mortised joint
• Fingerboard: Ebony inlaid with Style 28 “diamonds and squares” in Abalone
----Radius: 16”
• Bridge: Ebony, pyramid
• Bridge Pins & End Pin: figured, aged walrus bone with inlaid center dot
----crafted by John Mickelson of Seldovia, Alaska
• Purfling: fine Herringbone
• Backstrip: thin zigzag
• Rosette: fine Herringbone with rings
• Binding: Flamed Koa, double bound body
• Heel Cap & End Graft: Flamed Koa
• Headstock: slotted with Brazilian Rosewood veneer, carved dart volute, abalone inlay
• Nut: 1 3/4” width, aged bone, 1.756 closer measurment
----String spacing: 1-9/16”
• Saddle: 2-5/16” spacing, aged boned, compensated
• Bracing: Red “Adirondack” Spruce, 0.275” scalloped
• Tuning Machines: Waverly Vintage Gold Snakewood Buttons
• Construction: Hot hide glue for the top braces, bridge, and fingerboard; LMI Luthier’s glue for neck joint, back braces, and body
• Soundhole: 3-7/8”
• Scale: 24.9”
• Dimensions:
----Body Length: 19-5/8
----Upper Bout Width: 9-3/4”
----Waist: 8-1/4”
----Lower Bout Width: 14-1/8”
----Upper Bout Depth: 3-1/4”
----Lower Bout Depth: 4-1/16”
• Finish: Polished Catalyzed Polyester by Joe White (GETGO on the AGF)

*now part of the basic Franks 00-12 package, but this guitar predates the 00 as a standard Franks model

I myself upgraded this guitar with Gold Waverly tuners/Snakewood buttons ($235).
It’s in excellent+ condition with no cracks, loose braces, neck warp, bridge lift, or worn-out frets. There are a couple negligible marks on the headstock from string changes and the faintest of swirls here and there on the back. That’s it. This is about as close to flawless as you’ll find.

The base price for this model is $4,200. This guitar has the following upgrades:
• old growth Brazilian Rosewood, notably high quality
• flamed Koa binding
• slotted headstock
• extra rings on rosette
• partial Hot Hide Glue construction
• aged toner soundboard finish
• pyramid bridge*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom