Lynyrd Skynyrd Founding Member Gary Rossington Passes Today At 71

Was just going to post about this. I was looking and is Artimus Pyle still living? I guess he’s not original, but pre crash member.
I was a big Skynyrd fan back in the day. RIP Gary Rossington
F8177FA4-C260-4086-9866-ED8C6381FAE8.jpeg

Yea one of the all time great guitar bands, for sure. Gary is my brother's favorite guitar player and Lynyrd Skynyrd is his favorite band. I went with him to see LS many years ago and when Gary walked out on stage and started "Workin' For MCA" I've never seen my brother so excited...he was flipping out and was more entertaining then the band for a few minutes heh.

They don't make bands like that anymore man....

Was just going to post about this. I was looking and is Artimus Pyle still living? I guess he’s not original, but pre crash member.

Yea Gary was the last original member still standing from what I've been reading...Artimus is still with us and started in 1975 for their 3rd record.

I had the pleasure of seeing Skynyrd at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach when Hughie Thomasson was playing with them. What a pleasure seeing Rickie Medlocke, Hughie Thomasson, and Gary Rossington on the same stage! Plus, Paul Rogers opened for them! I was front row, center stage!

Back
Top Bottom