Luna Sea - I for you (Cover w/ Axe Fx) ¯\(°_o)/¯

shinodax

I don't know if you know this song. It's called "I for you" by one of Japan's well known band, Luna sea.

Just got bored and tweak the tone around to match the original song. I like the tone that I dialed pretty much. I recorded it straight away without thinking. :p I have no monitors or amplification for my AFX so I dialed them through my cheap Shure SRH240. :cry:

The recording is done in less than an hour and with no editing or whatever. Just a rough recording with sloppy playing. Hope you guys enjoy it. Original song as backing track.

Signal Chain :
ESP Horizon Nt-2 > Axe Fx Ultra > Focusrite Saffire 6 USB > Laptop.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music

Enjoy! ¯\(°_o)/¯

I listened to the clip. Unfortunately, the backing track covers your sound a little bit too much, but we can hear the tone you got pretty well at the beginning. You know what it made me think of? If you backed off on the overdrive a bit, I'm pretty sure you'd be in SRV territory easily. I love the sound you get on the low E string. It's woody as hell.

Thanks for the feedback! Well. Everything was fine when I listen it on my DAW but when I do an export, it kind of screwed up the volume. Maybe it's part of my monitoring system whereby I only use a budget Shure SRH240 headphone. :cry:

Haha I wonder if my Horizon can pull that off. I always think that SRV tone can only be achieved with a strat (As the magic tone from a strat with single coil). :D :D And I always tweak my mid gain tone to sound woody cos it always gives that crunch and dynamic of a tube amp and that's the sound I always wanted. :)

the backing track covers your sound a little bit too much

You think so? If anything the guitar over powers the mix IMO. No offense to the tone by any means because it sounds great!!

As far as the mix though, the vocals are buried... even though I can't understand Japanese hehe. Drums seem ok, and I think they will become more punchy once the mix is balanced better.

Excellent work though. I really dig the guitar tone and agree if you pull back the overdrive a tad you will get a SRV tone... but still keep your own.!

Cheers!

BORNintoMUSIC said:
the backing track covers your sound a little bit too much

You think so? If anything the guitar over powers the mix IMO. No offense to the tone by any means because it sounds great!!

As far as the mix though, the vocals are buried... even though I can't understand Japanese hehe. Drums seem ok, and I think they will become more punchy once the mix is balanced better.

Excellent work though. I really dig the guitar tone and agree if you pull back the overdrive a tad you will get a SRV tone... but still keep your own.!

Cheers!

I got the guitar volume and EQ to cut through the original song because it was meant to be a cover haha.
Although there are some parts that are buried by the original track. I cant understand Japanese either. :lol: anyway it's about the tone.

Thanks for the compliment and feedback! I must say this is one of my proper tone that I had tweak. Still trying to find the right tone for high gain stuff. I am more of a metal guy btw. :twisted:

*For those who are interested to download the patch. It might suck for you because I had tweak it using headphone!

Attachments

• Dynamic JCM800.syx
    2 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom