LPD Tone Clone - Ronnie LeTekro TNT 10,000 Lovers AxeFx II

I know Tekrø a bit, been to his studio a couple of times.
He is very picky about voltages to his Marshalls (2203,, 50 watts)
Runs them at the 240V setting and feeds them about 227 volts!
In the studio only one of the 12" in his 4x12 is working to avoid extra noise and phasingissues.

Live he uses 2 amps, delaying one a bit in stereo.
The 2 amps have serialnumbers after each other so they are as much the same as possible!

A lot of the sound on the old TNT albums has to do with producer Bjørn Nessjø.
You can recognize his sound by sitting in front of his amps while he is playing but that extra "studio sheen" is missing.

It also helps having incredibly high action on the guitar, Tekrø`s are crazy high, I have huge problems playing anything on them even if i don`t like my own action too low.
It makes the machinegun thing a lot easier though but not legatostuff:)

Thanks for the insight Powers of Ten, very cool info indeed.

Wonder if anyone out there has some stems from those sessions or if any songs from that record were on any of the Rock Band games so we could analyze it more closely. I'm sure with all the tools in the axe we can get real close to Nessjo's studio sheen although Groovenut's stellar effort really has gotten us 90% of the way there so once again hats off to ya!

Thanks for the insight Powers of Ten, very cool info indeed.

Wonder if anyone out there has some stems from those sessions or if any songs from that record were on any of the Rock Band games so we could analyze it more closely. I'm sure with all the tools in the axe we can get real close to Nessjo's studio sheen although Groovenut's stellar effort really has gotten us 90% of the way there so once again hats off to ya!
Thanks! No stems that I am aware of but maybe some will surface someday. The high action that Powers of Ten mentioned has a lot to do with the muting action in the tone, as well as how the string reacts from fret to fret.

Back
Top Bottom