LPD Tone Clone Presets Collection

groovenut

Power User
I thought I would post all of them here so they aren't so scattered and will alleviate the need to search as much (at least until Axechange is finished).

The Avatar 2X12 IR goes with the Andy Timmons presets.

You will need to do a search if you want the audio/video examples of the presets in action though.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Nice work bud. I was going to ask if you might have a good Brian Adams rhythm tone. I'm not sure what they have going on to get those super shimery tones.

Sorry guys I incorrectly referenced the Avatar 2X12 IR to the ACDC presets. It should go with the Andy Timmons presets. It has been corrected in the first post.

Thanks a lot Groovenut. I dig and can use almost everything you have released to date. Thanks for giving back to the community.
Be well.

Anyone else having trouble loading these? The editor shows me the patch but the axe makes no sound and no name is in the lil window. sadness

Same here - File shows up in Axe-Edit, but not on Axe. Can't get it to transfer over to Axe - no idea what the problem is. Tried the other Timmons presets and same problem. Has anyone got this to work?

Edit: Just tried first AC/DC patch - same thing. Something must be wrong with syx files?

OK, never seen this before. I tried to edit the patch in Axe-Edit to figure out why no sound. As soon as I changed something in it, the patch (and sound) shows up in Axe-Fx. Like this for each patch downloaded from top of page. Strange.
No name on Axe-Fx and amp listed as 59 Bassguy even though it's Friedman BE. Sounds good, but I don't trust it. Something is screwed up here.

Last edited:
Same here - File shows up in Axe-Edit, but not on Axe. Can't get it to transfer over to Axe - no idea what the problem is. Tried the other Timmons presets and same problem. Has anyone got this to work?

Edit: Just tried first AC/DC patch - same thing. Something must be wrong with syx files?

Are you selecting your source as a preset folder? I for one have had varying issues with the "preset folder" as source way of doing things.

I use Axe-Manage with much more consistent results. You can simply create two side by side windows and copy and paste presets from your desktop to the II easily. Also, remember, if you try to copy and paste his whole list it will not work because he has several cabs included within it.

Last edited:
@groovenut:
Thanks, now the clean sound is working. But the Lead and the Helipad is still muted

What Axefx firmware are you running? The user cab I posted linked to yesterday is used in all three Timmons presets, so make sure that it's there. Also, V7 is playing havoc with somethings on V6 presets so if youre running V7 you might have to wait until I update the presets (after V7 is out of Beta).

My firmware is 6.02.
I also see that User Cab #1 is used in these two presets, but no matter what I do, I can't make them produce any sound.
:(
Your clean sound is very great.
Another question:
I spent many many hours on my Axe FX Ultra in order to archieve the exact "Electric Gypsy" sound - think I came quite close to it.
So is there any possibility to obtain it on the Axe II?
I tried to rebuild it already (I used the Brownface amp) but when I apply the same Amp settings (Boost On) the Amp gets very muddy - no tight bass :(
If anybody can help me, I'd be very glad

Back
Top Bottom