LP into top boost model

gdgross

Experienced
Here's the latest from my rock band, northern 45.

Lead guitar (panned a little to the right) is my LP straight into the axe, then right to the firepod. The amp model was top boost; and I believe the cab I used was the 2x12 blue. There's also a drive on in the latter half of the song. I'd have to look at the patch, but I think it was the tube drive.

It worked for me. Sounds GREAT! Authentic.

Try right clicking his link and selecting "Save Target As".

Code:
The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit
cryingbyusybethhq3.gif

Thanks Geoff, for putting that on Soundclick. It sounds great, I like your singer's voice, very unique! Nice tones as well!

Geoff. . . I really enjoyed the feel of the song, and I enjoyed your Les Paul. Tell me about the jangly rhythm guitar that a bit to the left.

Terry.

The other guitar is a PRS Hollowbody straight into a marshall 18W. No drive or boost pedal or anything. mic'd with a sennheiser e609 and the whole thing was covered in about five heavy blankets in a failed attempt to help get some isolation on the vocal mic. :D

And thanks for the compliment!

gdgross said:
The other guitar is a PRS Hollowbody straight into a marshall 18W.
That's a great sound Geoff! Which Hollowbody, and are you running the stock pickups?

I listed to your other Soundclick tracks and I have to say that I really enjoy all the cuts. I like that laid back feel and the jangly rhythm thing you've got going. Great job!

Terry.

Tone Seeker said:
gdgross said:
The other guitar is a PRS Hollowbody straight into a marshall 18W.
That's a great sound Geoff! Which Hollowbody, and are you running the stock pickups?

I listed to your other Soundclick tracks and I have to say that I really enjoy all the cuts. I like that laid back feel and the jangly rhythm thing you've got going. Great job!

Terry.
Thanks Terry. The hollowbody belongs to our other guitarist. I'm not sure which one it is, but it has a gorgeous flamed maple top and a brazilian fingerboard. Really a looker, in addition to sounding great. He has it set up with something ridiculous like 12s, I think. And yeah, stock pickups in that guitar.

Thanks for the compliments! Those were all recorded live at a rehearsal a couple of months ago.

There's a couple more tunes on our myspace page (one with our old singer that needs to be re-tracked!)

www.myspace.com/northern45

I'm having problems with the real website (northern45.com), so I've been doing the myspace recently...

Nice to hear some song-oriented stuff on here. Has a nice commercial appeal to it. The vocal isn't sitting in the mix quite right (compression setting?) but otherwise, a strong song!

I know it. It was a live recording at a rehearsal, and there is so much drum bleed into the vocal mic that it's really tough to do what I want with it.

We're going to pay for some real studio time coming up in a month or two here.

Back
Top Bottom