low res freq question

slashy

Inspired
Hi everybody,
I need your help. ;)
I use Komer Concorde (for dirty to high gain) and Trainwreck Rocket for Clean.
What is the "ideal" setting for the " Low Res Freq" ?
Thank you in advance.

Hi, Good question. As I understand it, there is no global ideal setting. It depends on what cab you’re using. When I’m looking for the right frequency, I usually stop when I have the feeling, that the cab is resonating.
These parameter is most important imo when I use a real cab and the matrix power amp (without cab simulation). I’m still learning, so I’m interested on what the more experienced users have to say

What type of rig are you running? For an FRFR setup like mine I like to turn it down to 75 hz to kill some of the boom. I’ve heard some guys that run a real power amp and cab like to turn it off all together

It's one of those "twiddle the knob while you play something" settings. It makes a huge difference to the character of the bottom end and can sound boomy or nasal, or not seem to do anything at all depending on how you set it. I think it really is a taste thing as opposed to "right" or "wrong".

I don't use FRFR - but I think it is one of those experimentation things where you turn the knob until it sounds how you want it to. Since I use a real cab - my cab resonates ( depending on the amp) typically between 82-90.

Back
Top Bottom