Low end

lauke-lux

Fractal Fanatic
I got two patches here, one for FM3 & it's original from Axe Fx 2. In mid and high range I get close to the same sound. In the low end I can't get them to sound the same, some precision & fullness I get on my Axe Fx 2 is not translating which makes it sound slightly flubby on FM3. Some of the "chunk" and precision is not there. Cab is Ownhammer 412 MAR CB-PR-H75 OH1F-06. Tried some of the factory cabs of FM3, but can't get it straight there also. Putting up the proximity to 3.5-4 got me a bit closer but didn't take away that feel of flubbyness. Anybody can help, or is this just happening in my head ?

Attachments

• LL MATCHLESS FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • LL MATCHLESS1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
There are some amp modeling improvements in the AXE3 that haven't made it to the FM3 yet. It could also be due to the cab modeling in FM3 not supporting higher resolution IRs at this time.

Thx, maybe the integration of UR will make the difference. I detect the difference mostly using my headphones, through FOH it's remarkable also but a bit less.
Another patch with a DLR where I use an old factory CAB in Normal Res sounds perfectly identical on both units, which could confirm that hypothesis.
I had a strange phasing artifact using L&R positions in the cab block, seems there's some small bugs here and there. Also I got the impression that some parameters are not always saved on storing a patch depending if the CPU load is just above 80% or just under. but I cannot reproduce it so guess it's myself who makes an error. Have no doubt that FAS is or will be working on all these small subjects but I can understand they wait for more or more important bugs to be discovered so not to manage too much FW updates.

Back
Top Bottom