Low Cut Filter - Amp, Block, Global, and Usage

nota

Hi, I've owned the Axe for a while now and know how to use it pretty well. I also have a FRFR PA speaker I use for amplification that is fairly flat (it better be for $750), so no problems there.

My question is about low cut filters. For a while I've noticed a bit too much bass coming out of my speaker which tends to create muddiness when playing with others. I've resisted tweaking it since I love the idea of a "pure" cab/amp sound, so I have in the past just lowered the bass setting in the Amp block. I play LP style guitars using the neck pickup a lot, so a certain amount of bass is great, just not too much.

How do people deal with tweaking the bass - should I do it through the Amp block, using a low-cut filter block (I tried 150Hz and it sounded good today), or is there another way I should do it? Even within the Amp block, there are a couple different ways to tweak - the EQ knob and the filter.

Thanks for any help!

Thanks, I did do a search but there was way too many results or I didn't search for the right thing!

I cut it in the global EQ and the bass is turned down some on most patches too. It is a bit problematic with the Atomic FR

I always start with the Depth and Bass controls in the amp block if I have a preset that is too bass heavey. Then I look at cab and mic selection's and if it's still too much then I go for an aditional EQ block (PEQ or GEQ).

I just figured out that you can do this globally, so I cut the first two frequencies on output 1's global EQ section and it works for ALL my presets!

It seems sad not to use them, but there's just too much thumpiness when they're on :(

Back
Top Bottom