Loving my AXE FX lll

Been playing guitar for over 30 years and have taken many paths chasing tones and trying to find sounds that inspire me. I finally ordered an FX3 + FC12 last night. I will be camped out in my driveway waiting for UPS on Saturday. Can’t wait to get things setup and start experiencing the Fractal sounds. I hope I found my home.

Been playing guitar for over 30 years and have taken many paths chasing tones and trying to find sounds that inspire me. I finally ordered an FX3 + FC12 last night. I will be camped out in my driveway waiting for UPS on Saturday. Can’t wait to get things setup and start experiencing the Fractal sounds. I hope I found my home.

Wait to you hear the AXE III - when you get it dialed in OMG

Like many others have said "best piece of musical gear I have ever purchased"! Use the factory presets to learn what works for you and how to configure things, then start building your own from scratch!! If you spend a good amount of time dialing in an amp/cab/effect (aka "blocks"), I find it best to save that block for future use rather than trying to remember the settings or duplicate it!! I can hear your foot tapping in your driveway as you await delivery ;~))

Quick insider tip, wear two pairs of underwear…

Like many others have said "best piece of musical gear I have ever purchased"! Use the factory presets to learn what works for you and how to configure things, then start building your own from scratch!! If you spend a good amount of time dialing in an amp/cab/effect (aka "blocks"), I find it best to save that block for future use rather than trying to remember the settings or duplicate it!! I can hear your foot tapping in your driveway as you await delivery ;~))
Great insight on the initial approach. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm watching every AXE III vid on YT trying to bide my time. I'm excited to try out some of the Gift of Tone presets. The Aaron Marshall one sounds incredible.

I love this thing so much. The other night I was nearly brought to tears of joy discovering the 'Wurm' scene in Starship Flanger and spent at least an hour on one very specific chord sequence.

I don't think I'll ever come close to understanding it's capabilities or potential, but I am so glad that I got it. I think anything else I could have got would have been tinged with a kind of regret that it wasn't this.

This was the response I was hoping for! BTW...nice C7. There's one in my garage too.:cool:
I got a C8 in my garage I think?

C3 + C5 = C8, correct?

Oh, and yes, Fractal RAWKS, and has since the Gen 1 Ultra for me (which was used for FX and TPA/Cab sims with tube gear back then), though Cygnus and the Gen 3 HW has eliminated my need for tube gear (which says a lot coming from this old tube snob)!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom