Lovin my Ultra

Just thought Iwould post a couple pics of the Axe and the Mad amps below it.
[attachment=1:1n7349u4]axe fx.jpg[/attachment:1n7349u4]
[attachment=0:1n7349u4]rig 2.jpg[/attachment:1n7349u4]

Attachments

• axe fx.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 478
  • rig 2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 478
I bet you'll be selling that Vetta 2 now. keeping that thing is like keeping a Toyota and driving it around from time to time when you have a Porsche. How do you like the Axe in comparison?

The Axe is one of the most impressive units ever, the Vetta always fell short but still had some awsome tones. I never get rid of any gear, I want it all :twisted: ! I am pretty sure that my wife wouldnt mind me getting rid of some stuff but who ever listens to their wife :lol:

chadthewagon said:
I am pretty sure that my wife wouldnt mind me getting rid of some stuff but who ever listens to their wife :lol:

Probably the ones that want to stay married :lol:

chadthewagon said:
The Axe is one of the most impressive units ever, the Vetta always fell short but still had some awsome tones. I never get rid of any gear, I want it all :twisted: ! I am pretty sure that my wife wouldnt mind me getting rid of some stuff but who ever listens to their wife :lol:

Yeah i had a Vetta 2 and got some pretty good sounds, but the issue i had with it especially for trying to dial in good high gain sounds was that it either sounded weak or super processed/ digital sounding. I was able to get great clean sounds though. I haven't recived my Axe-fx ultra yet to compare but i'm hoping i won't have those issues. I wish i could keep all my gear when i buy new stuff like you, I had alot of gear in the past that i wish i still had but had to sell getting new stuff.

I had a Vetta 2 for awhile, I used it as a backup rig for my rack of doom. It sounded ok and was a breeze to use. Lack of spillover was a deal-breaker for me in terms of ever taking it seriously. I bought the Axe to replace the Vetta as a backup to the main rig, ... then it replaced the main rig (same story all over the place here).

I have my axe in a 4-space heavy-duty flight case with a carvin dcm 150 and a rackmount wireless. It weighs no more than 40 lbs, most of which is the case (The empty case with the lids on is over 20lbs). If I put it into an SKB I have no doubt it would come in at 20 or less. Use a transformerless power amp like a Carvin L series and you shave more.

Back
Top Bottom