Bug? Loud noise from Drive block followed by sound drop

md1234

Experienced
An issue somewhat similar to this thread happened to me.

I was playing, and suddenly there came a loud distorted noise from the Drive block with T808 Mod. I had to lower the OUT-block level with 20dB to make it sound normal. I will describe the steps i took as good as i can... sorry if it is too much info, but it might give you an idea what caused it.

The distorted sound, which sounded like a speaker blasting noise, was not a continuous sound but was following the picking of the string, so it would sound loud with a pick and then fade away with the sound of the string.

After experiencing this behavior for a few minutes trying to understand what happened, i made a copy of the preset and remove all other blocks except for IN, OUT and DRIVE block. I reset the Drive block, issue was still there, i selected the T808 OD, issue was still there, i selected Tape Distortion IIRC, issue was gone and that sounded good, selected back the T808 Mod the issue was back.

I copied the channel to another drive block, that sounded good with apparently the same settings, so i removed that other Drive block.

I rotated the Drive knob from the T808 Mod type, and under about plusminus 2.22 the sound muted, then above 2.22 the loud distorted sound would come back.

Then i wanted to make a recording, but before i could do that the sound muted completely and i looked at the Meters page and noticed the red lines in the Drive block and after.

I attached the preset i had copied to, and was using to troubleshoot (Weird.syx), and the preset it originally happened on (NV Gretsch.syx).

I'm on FM9 version 8.00.

Could this be caused by controllers? Because as you'll see in the original preset i used a modifier (scene controller) for the Drive knob. In the mentioned thread i also used a modifier (lfo) for the Distortion knob. I've never really used modifiers on those knobs in the past years, was now just experimenting a bit with them for a different approach to a preset...

Attachments

• 20240917_212813 (1).jpg
    20240917_212813 (1).jpg
    756.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240917_212758 (1).jpg
    20240917_212758 (1).jpg
    729 KB · Views: 2
  • NV GRETSCH (1).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Weird (1).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Back