Loud distorted hum

KJB

I was playing for about an hour and all of the sudden it was like an explosion though the Adam 7s scared the crap out of me sounded like distortion and hum at extreme volume with the output LEDs lit up then it disappeared didn't sound healthy at all!
Recently I noticed my tone has been not up to par very thin and hollow .
Wondering if I should send the Fm9 back for a diagnostic?

Contact Fractal support.

What firmware version?

Were you doing anything when it happened other than playing? Changing presets, scenes, channels, etc?

Contact Fractal support.

What firmware version?

Were you doing anything when it happened other than playing? Changing presets, scenes, channels, etc?
Recently I noticed my tone has been not up to par very thin and hollow .
Did you change anything or connect anything new prior to this happening? Did anything change prior to the sound becoming "thin and hollow"?

The more thorough your explanation of the situation, the better.

Did you change anything or connect anything new prior to this happening? Did anything change prior to the sound becoming "thin and hollow"?

Firmware 6.00 , I have the extended warranty Greg I'm just going to send it back to get it looked at I will contact support first.

Contact Fractal support.

What firmware version?

6.00 when I changed scenes that's when the loud distorted hum started it lasted for about 5 seconds,you think ita a corruption issue or something is fried?
I will contact support

Performed a system reset on Sunday because I felt the tone was not up to standards due to firmware update ?
I'm a intermediate user and can navigate though most of the settings via front panel and laptop .
The Firmware update I did a about 3 weeks ago and it went smoothly with refresh.
I'm just hoping that surge didn't damage the studio monitors!

6.00 when I changed scenes that's when the loud distorted hum started it lasted for about 5 seconds,you think ita a corruption issue or something is fried?
I will contact support
That's not a typical problem I've seen reported so hard to say.

Reactions: KJB
I emailed support .
They suggested screen shots and files sent them,also to turn off gapless in global settings which I did and also suggested reinstall previous firmware which I'm not going to do because I will lose all the amp updates.
The crash happened again today before I made changes in global settings.
I'm going to play with it for a while and see if it is stable if so the gapless switching option caused it

I wonder if you put a severe limiter at the end of your scenes you could isolate sw vs hw. But it kinda sounds like hw. :(

Reactions: KJB
I wonder if you put a severe limiter at the end of your scenes you could isolate sw vs hw. But it kinda sounds like hw. :(
Hopefully FA does some research next week with the files I presented ,and if it is a HW issue they will tell me to send it back for diagnostic .
Sucks I don't have a backup system though.
Severe limiter??

Contact Fractal support.

What firmware version?

When I changed from scene 5 to 3 .
Two different settings with GMV with the TX star amp block.
Turned off the gapless switching to see if that's the culprit causing the problem.

Hopefully FA does some research next week with the files I presented ,and if it is a HW issue they will tell me to send it back for diagnostic .
Sucks I don't have a backup system though.
Severe limiter??
a limiter with severely limiting parameters…

I am noticing a similar problem. In the last couple of weeks when I power up, I get this hum/crack sound and have to reboot. That usually fixes the problem. Not sure if this is a hardware of software issue. I will try disabling gapless switching, but that was the main reason I was so looking forward to this release.

I am noticing a similar problem. In the last couple of weeks when I power up, I get this hum/crack sound and have to reboot. That usually fixes the problem. Not sure if this is a hardware of software issue. I will try disabling gapless switching, but that was the main reason I was so looking forward to this release.
Yea I think it is the gapless switching I disabled it yesterday and no more issues so far.
The issue happened when I switched scenes.

Back
Top Bottom