Lots of tone references, no a clue on matching.....

London John

Inspired
A friend, who's a producer, has come across a bunch of "stems" of famous guitar tracks. They'd make great tone match material, but I have no idea how to create a matched preset from them.

If anybody wants to play, PM me and I'll send the files. They're quite large, but worth the effort. There are each of the guitar tracks, for example, from the Allman's Jessica, Doobie Brothers Long Train Running etc.

It would be great if somebody more technically able did the necessary and posted the resultant patches for download.

Cheers,
John

It would be great if somebody more technically able did the necessary and posted the resultant patches for download.

Cheers,
John

The only problem is...TMs are the most accurate when you do them with YOUR guitar. If someone else does it a lot of other variables get introduced: guitar woods, pickups, strings, playing style, even the pick.
I find that using TMs that other people have created definately gets you in the ballpark. It's just you might be at third base instead of home.

Even with that said, hopefully someone will bite. I'd offer but sounds like these tones aren't my normal cup of tea and I wouldn't know where to begin.

Back
Top Bottom