Lots of Axe-II's for sale as of late?

parralel trading... yuck. Its ok if you already know that the seller does that, but when you have no idea and their site looks legit, its a real blow to the gut when you realised they are just punks who ripped off a bunch of graphics from the guitar center site and they now have your money.

Well that's just silly.

Not your suggestion, but that some would do something like that.

"I just bought this expensive car that I love, but dagnabbit, the cigarette lighter doesn't work anymore. I could use a BIC lighter, but instead, I'm gonna sell the POS."

I do agree with the principle, but on the other hand, if you are a smoker, would you buy an expensive car without an ashtray ?

I do agree with the principle, but on the other hand, if you are a smoker, would you buy an expensive car without an ashtray ?

Yep. Wouldn't smoke in my car no matter how expencive/cheap it is.

Anyways, huge GZ to me :) Today (exactly 2 years ago) I stopped smoking. Went from 40 cigs a day to 0 in 1 day, and have not touched them since.
Sry for stealing the thread, but i just remembered.

When I was a smoker, I never used the ashtray in the car. A slightly opened window worked a lot better than an ashtray.

As a user since late November I can see why anyone that's never used any sort of hardware midi device might see it as a bit of a learning curve if you're just used to turning a few knobs. I think it's very easy to use via the rather 90s-esque controls but then I had loads of midi stuff in the past. That said, while I've certainly replicated, and improved upon, the range of basic sounds I'd use with my analogue amps and effects I haven't really explored the more wild potential of the unit because I know having Axe-Edit would make the process 20 times faster so I've been putting it off hoping the new version would come out soon.

Personally I won't be selling this thing EVER (unless the III is a must-have). Just have Fender, Vox, Marshall Plexi tones in one box with probably better FX than I've ever had as a guitar player has made it indispensable. Then there's the recording uses that make faffing with mics and cabs unnecessary. The fact that a 4U rack is half the weight or less of one big tube head. The pristine gunge-free sound with the Matrix. Even using 2% of its potential the unit has me hooked.

Last edited:
When I was a smoker, I never used the ashtray in the car. A slightly opened window worked a lot better than an ashtray.

This is effectively my personal choice, I rarely smoke and never ever in the car...was just kidding, but I think the reflection needs to be made. Like : Why do boats float;....because there is water..

What would you define as "lots of AFXIIs"? If 1,000 new AFXIIs have been purchased (and I have no idea how many actually HAVE been sold), then if you see 10 units up for sale on the used market over a 5 week period of time, this would represent 1% of all AFXIIs on the market sold from FAS. This is a TINY number in the world of audio gear, don't you think? Even if the number of used re-sales is 100 over the course of a year, that would still mean that 9 out of 10 new purchasers hung onto their AFXII (again, assuming 1,000 new units sold). Still a very high satisfaction rate IMHO. This thread is a whole lot to do about nothing. ;)

+1 - I've been hanging out here since early 2008 and I don't have the sense that there are any more AxeFxIIs for sale now than there were Ultras or Standards back in those days. If I'm anywhere near the mark on that, then actually there are proportionally much less AxeFx for sale now than ever since overall Axefx usage has greatly expanded over the last couple of years.

Kemper rack

I seriously doubt that's the reason... but if it is, they can have it.

Axe III is on the verge of being release.... just kidding...

I found out about the Axe II when I had just saved up enough to get the Ultra. I was looking on eBay, and I was like "why are all of these suddenly selling for so much less?" I was sitting there perplexed, and then suddenly it clicked. I Googled Axe Fx II, and there it was. :)

Keep in mind that Fractal has refined their production process; there are ALOT more out there than we had Standards and Ultra's. It's natural that there will be more on sale (AND it's a frequent occurrence that people sell one, only to buy another one in a few months.)

I HIGHLY doubt that the lack of an editor AT THIS TIME is damaging sales. You either want the unit for tone/versatility or you don't. I wouldn't understand (no, someone PLEASE do not try to explain it to me..) the individual who is recording an album and picks their amp based off of whether it has an editor or not.

Yes, I'm sure it's very frustrating for Fractal...especially reading the ultimatums and threats that have been posted (like if the community complains loudly enough, Fractal will relent, and say 'oh, I've had it ready all this time, here you go!')

Keep in mind that Fractal has refined their production process; there are ALOT more out there than we had Standards and Ultra's. It's natural that there will be more on sale (AND it's a frequent occurrence that people sell one, only to buy another one in a few months.)

I HIGHLY doubt that the lack of an editor AT THIS TIME is damaging sales. You either want the unit for tone/versatility or you don't. I wouldn't understand (no, someone PLEASE do not try to explain it to me..) the individual who is recording an album and picks their amp based off of whether it has an editor or not.

Yes, I'm sure it's very frustrating for Fractal...especially reading the ultimatums and threats that have been posted (like if the community complains loudly enough, Fractal will relent, and say 'oh, I've had it ready all this time, here you go!')

A+1

Anyone else notice a somewhat significant trend in A2's being listed for sale lately?

Ideas? Certainly couldn't be a leak on an Axe-III and personally, I simply can't see that coming for at least a couple more years (I mean that).

Just wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has noticed this.
Peace,
Mo

Well I also asked this question as it seems the fractal store has plenty in stock...FROM MY ORIGINAL POST...

"First of all I am an Ultra owner and LOVE the unit, but am thinking of selling mine to get a axe fx II.

But one thing I don't understand...why does it seem the axe fx II is more "plentiful" than the ultras were when they were selling at the fractal store?

I can remember people waiting for up to ONE YEAR just to purchase an ultra. But I just checked the fractal store and it seems they are in stock and around $2,200.00 brand new.

I was just wondering if now cliff has more help or something to get the units made and out the door, so now he has units to sell, where as before they were not?

OR maybe the ultras and standards on the market have eased everybody rushing to get an axe fx II?

Secondly, I noticed that now anyone can get an axe fx II without a coupon? I know when he first started selling them, they were ONLY selling them for $2,200.00 for people who had coupons. But some people payed from $2,600.00 to as high as $3,000.00 for an axe fx II!

So what has changed, are there simply more of the units since they have been selling for awhile? Or maybe because the Kemper is now selling? Maybe all of the above?

Strange, but not that I am complaining! I am glad they are available at the store. I remember trying to purchase an ultra from the store in the old days and kept hitting that stupid BUY button and getting the message they were out of stock! That was so frustrating.

Wish me luck, I am probably going to be selling my Mesa Boogie 2x12 Lonestar and my Axe fx ultra with interface Cakewalk UM-1G and Floor pedal midimate. I think I can get a reasonable amout from those two to buy an axe fxII. "

Basically Cliff answered and said it was because they had a better place to manufacture them and much more employees.

I remember the days when the ultra was the desired unit and very hard to come by. People off of ebay made a killing because the fractal store was usually out of them. It does seem like the axe fx II units are more plentiful to me...both new and used. Is the kemper, no new axe edit, better production or even more ultras and standards for sale the reason? I don't know, could be all four reasons combined! In the ultra days, there was no kemper, nor large production facility with more employees. The axe fx ultra was in a class by itself. Today that does not seem to be the case.

I am just glad there are axe fx II units to buy!

Last edited:
Secondly, I noticed that now anyone can get an axe fx II without a coupon? I know when he first started selling them, they were ONLY selling them for $2,200.00 for people who had coupons. But some people payed from $2,600.00 to as high as $3,000.00 for an axe fx II!

There was initially a waiting list and those who line up on this list will get the 2200 price, which is the actual price they intended it to sell it at. The coupon was kind of like a reward for going in this list. If you want to jump ahead of the list, they you pay extra. This was used to control the immense demand for the units. Now that they have caught up, the list is no longer needed and everyone can pay the 2200 price.

No need to worry.

There was initially a waiting list and those who line up on this list will get the 2200 price, which is the actual price they intended it to sell it at. The coupon was kind of like a reward for going in this list. If you want to jump ahead of the list, they you pay extra. This was used to control the immense demand for the units. Now that they have caught up, the list is no longer needed and everyone can pay the 2200 price.

No need to worry.

I was not worried, I was just curious as to what happened with the inital pricing. Seems the axe fx II went for a lot higher if you wanted to jump the line. I saw some on ebay buying it for $3,000.00 when it was first released.

I was not worried, I was just curious as to what happened with the inital pricing. Seems the axe fx II went for a lot higher if you wanted to jump the line. I saw some on ebay buying it for $3,000.00 when it was first released.

Those Ebayers were "scalpers" if you will. Those are aimed at guys from Europe who probably has to wait longer and also have to pay about the same time after the taxes and customs fee, etc. The sellers are trying to eek a bit of profit from being in front of the line.

Those Ebayers were "scalpers" if you will. Those are aimed at guys from Europe who probably has to wait longer and also have to pay about the same time after the taxes and customs fee, etc. The sellers are trying to eek a bit of profit from being in front of the line.

Well to me, even though they did nothing illegal, those guys that sold an axe fx II unit at a premium to other people overseas are scum! They could have sold the axe fx II at a lot less to someone overseas and still would have made a killing.

I guess there is no substitute for greed.

Back
Top Bottom