Lost on/off during scenes after update to 3.08

Danny Danzi

Power User
Hi guys,

You'll probably be able to solve this for me in under 5 seconds. LOL! When I updated to 3.08, I had to do quite a few things to get my MFC back to the way it was. One thing I haven't been able to figure out is the bypass buttons in scene mode....I'll explain.

I'll try to make this simple. Say I have patch 12, scene one with amp, cab, delay, chorus. In this scene, the delay is bypassed and everything else is enabled. I switch to scene two where I have a lead boost, the delay is turned on but the chorus is bypassed. If I press on the chorus in scene two, it works as intended and is enabled. If I switch back to scene 1 to play some rhythm and then go back to scene two again, the chorus will be disabled.

In the past before the update, any switch I pressed within a scene stayed on in that scene until I totally changed to another preset. Meaning, that chorus that I enabled in scene two would have STILL been on if I went back to scene one and then to scene two once again.

The way things are working now, each scene is reloading everything like I've switched presets. I hope I'm explaining this right....uggh...

In case I've confused you.....I expect the patch to load with all my enabled or disabled switches which it is and that is working fine the way it should. I just never remember the SCENES auto reverting to what was saved. If I enabled a delay or chorus in scene 1 manually, I could go to other scenes on that same patch where the delay may be disabled and other effects are on, and when I came back to scene 1, that delay or chorus I manually enabled would still be on. It's not doing that. It's acting like I switched patches and is reinitializing to what I saved while in scene mode though. Usually, you can free form and press whatever you want in a scene, switch to another, and when you come back to the scene you manually enabled things on, they would still be on.

Please note....I don't want to change what loads in my presets or assign custom switching. I just want whatever I press in a scene to stay enabled IN THAT SCENE as long as I'm in that patch. So if I call up preset 12 that has a delay on it that is NOT enabled in scene one and I turn it on manually, I'd like it to remain on in that scene until I change to a new preset. Upon changing to a new preset and going back to patch 12, scene one should have the delay disabled. Whew...am I making myself clear or totally losing you guys? I'm really having a hard time explaining this. LOL! So sorry. Any help would be really appreciated...thanks in advance.

-Danny

Thanks so much Chris....fixed me in 5 seconds like I thought. Also, in doing what you said, it wasn't an issue with my mfc....it's my new XL+ which was never set up for revert off. My MkIII was the one that worked the way I wanted...so it wasn't the mfc at all. Thanks again, I appreciated the quick response! :)

Back
Top Bottom