Lost in Midi land, please help

Frank C

Hello all,

i am trying to get my exp pedal to work as a wah globally on my Axe-fx, i have been at this now for about a week with no luck at all.

Is there any video tutorials out there i can view on this matter?

i have been thru the Wiki pages, this forum and any other source i can find before i came here to ask yet another question.

My setup is as follows

LFP, Axe-FX Ultra and my pedal is a Mission SP1-LF.

can some one point me in the right direction or give me simple step by step instructions, i know its alot to ask but none of my friends know midi and cannot help me out.

Im at the point now that if there is anyone in the Detroit Mi area who could help me figure this out i would certainly pay you for your time.

i know it would take just one time for me to see it done to connect the dots.

thanks for any help

Frank

Its simple really. There are videos on youtube. Search for videos by u2justme to find them. I'm on my phone so can't really get into a long step by step but you need to go into the global menu of the lf pro and set the exp pedel to CC and assign it a number (7 for instance). Then make the exp pedal Continious and calibrate it (all easilly done). Then you can go into the preset on the axe and assign the controller for the wah to #7.

Thx Mitch, but the problem im having is i want the pedal to act as a wah globally not a patch by patch basis.

this is where im getting confused, i cannot find the rate for the wah for a lack of words globally.

i know im just missing something dumb here really i just cant put my finger on it, i have figured out how to do everything else i need it to do but this one thing. :oops:

In order for the pedal to act as a wah in every preset, unless there is another way that I'm not familiar with, you would have to put a wah block in every preset and either set the controller to the CC # you assigned the pedal to or use the External Controller function in the Axe's I/O menu.

I don't think there is a "global wah" function.

Mitch, if you have time seeing you have more on the ball then i, could you check out the I/O section of the Axe manual, it talks about global bypasses and it seems to be able to do what im would like it to do( using the wah globally) this is where im getting confused

thanks

Frank

You can assign the bypass control globally but you'll still have to add the wah block to each preset you want to use it in. What's the big deal, just do it! You've spent more time posting to this forum than it would take to add a wah to your presets.

Yes, you can assign a global bypass but you would still have to assign your expression pedal control to each instance of the wah block you add. But you can set up one wah block and then copy it to each preset you need. Personally, I like it that way because you can create a different wah for each preset. It may take a day to get your wahs built in each preset if you customize them or maybe an hour if you just copy the first one you build. Its really that easy!

Thanks again Mitch

i like that thinking, being able to add multiple Wahs is a great idea.

i really have to quit thinking so conventional with the fractal, i mean it seems that your only limit is your imagination.

Sorry im just trying to get the most out of this unit Stevie, didn't mean to piss you more sensitive guys off with a simple question.

I promise i wont try to waste any more of your time with questions :roll:

Frank

Back
Top Bottom