Losing USB 2.0 Device Reference

Tonemaster

Inspired
I’m intermittently losing my USB MIDI connection in Axe Edit. This happened two times last night, which is the first time I tried Axe Edit with the Axe II. I lose connectivity, check the MIDI tab and the Axe II port isn’t even referenced. I checked the driver on my PC and it says “No USB 2.0 hardware detected”. I rebooted the PC and everything comes back.

Perhaps coincidentally, I installed the 2.0 update two times last night. The 1st time didn’t seem to make any difference, then I noticed the driver issue and thought maybe the update didn’t work (even though it reported that it was successful). So I rebooted the PC, got Axe Edit back and re-installed 2.0. Still not hearing any magic. Then I noticed that Axe Edit isn’t connected again, so I reboot my PC and everything comes back. Very strange

Regarding not hearing any difference with 2.0, I'm now hearing that you have to update the presets as well. Not sure that was in the release notes, but will try tonight and hopefully hear what everyone else is raving about. Hopefully, I won't lose my device connection again!

Back
Top Bottom