loose midi connection?

Philip

Inspired
Hey all- I frequently have issues with my 7-pin midi cable coming loose from the back of the AXE. This is a huge bummer, mid-show, when my ground control stops working. I am wondering if anyone else has this issue? Actually, to be totally clear, I'm not 100% sure it is coming loose, that is just what I think is happening. It's like every so often I need to unplug it and give it the old "nintendo game blow" and then plug it back in to get communication back up. I guess I'm just assuming that it's coming loose.

I am guessing it is most likely the cable, but before I go buy another one to check, I thought I would see if anyone else has similar woes.

Thanks,

Phil

I had a similar issue with my rig (Axe-Fx Ultra and Rocktron All Access). It turned out to be a bad MIDI cable. I replaced the cable (7-pin to 7-pin) and it's been fine ever since.

My axe FX is in a rack, and my MIDI IN 7 pin cable fits tightly. I've never had an issue with intermittent connection.

Just how and why is your MIDI cable coming loose from the FX jack?

Are you pulling it loose?

I had a similar problem where the axe would receive midi signals but wouldn't respond, turned out the cable was bad.

Back
Top Bottom