Wish Looper Wishes

Yes, I am aware of the metronome. But it runs on beat clock.

The Axe FX does not understand beats and bars. I was just suggesting a type of workaround. 🙂 But count me in on the Pluss one side. 🤞

EDIT: and it's only available on out 1 and out 2.
External solutions would be a go to for me in this case. Unless the update comes. But I would not hold my breath 😉
Right. Again I think it “should” happen but too many competing forces. All in all a much more useful feature than adding more reverbs delays and distortions. But as I mentioned not many folks use a loooer extended and get intimidated by it. I like Ableton - I think it is a very forward product but most studio still use PTs.

Right. Again I think it “should” happen but too many competing forces. All in all a much more useful feature than adding more reverbs delays and distortions. But as I mentioned not many folks use a loooer extended and get intimidated by it. I like Ableton - I think it is a very forward product but most studio still use PTs.
I agree! I'm about to purchase Ableton my self, just to do things like this on the fly. To have it integrated in the axe would be totally awesome!!

I agree! I'm about to purchase Ableton my self, just to do things like this on the fly. To have it integrated in the axe would be totally awesome!!
It’s weird right - midi has been around for ever. Looping since the 50s. Not sure why we don’t have the integration yet. The little small donner looper even adds decent drums and loops fairly well. 90 bucks lol.

It’s weird right - midi has been around for ever. Looping since the 50s. Not sure why we don’t have the integration yet. The little small donner looper even adds decent drums and loops fairly well. 90 bucks lol.
Yes, have done some deep dive with song positions and such in the past my self. But I guess I bought the axe for guitar and bass sounds. And got to admit I am more than happy with the current state of the unit! But this option would be awesome to have, indeed.

That being said, I don't miss the old days of lugging a big tube amp, racunits and the world's biggest pedalboard alongside my guitar. And now a days computers aren't that heavy or expensive (or at least they don't have to be) so I don't complain! But sure I WISH! 🤞

Yes, have done some deep dive with song positions and such in the past my self. But I guess I bought the axe for guitar and bass sounds. And got to admit I am more than happy with the current state of the unit! But this option would be awesome to have, indeed.

That being said, I don't miss the old days of lugging a big tube amp, racunits and the world's biggest pedalboard alongside my guitar. And now a days computers aren't that heavy or expensive (or at least they don't have to be) so I don't complain! But sure I WISH! 🤞
It is all about the complete solution. It is a battle of priorities for something like this - what is more important?...better sound quality or better add ons...kind of a toss up. Still it is possible and it could happen. The technology has gotten so good that really you could still tour with mostly tube sounds and pedal board and it not being too much of a burden. For me, I sometimes I fly with my Victory V4, a pedal board that has about 6 pedals - delay, chorus, phase, boost, drive, loop, wah and power. All of this with a Mono dual bag, the attached tick and a guitar is a one bag solution. I get any sound I would need in a session - mostly. If it is on land adding Victory 112VV and I can be in the gig in one trip. Sometimes that is easier than actually bringing even an Fm9. It all depends on the requirements of the gig. You can get there with SD powerstage and then the Fm9 - about the same size and then have even more effects if needed. The biggest thing I have found though is with powerstage it is better with a 212 with the Victory being tube it sounds just as big with a 112. I still get direct out if I need to. Again sometimes gigs specifically state digital direct only so.....there we are.

I use the looper quite bit in one of my bands, and here is my list of wishes for functional enhancements:
  1. I want to enable the metronome in association with recording a loop. Yes, I know people have wished for metronome on / off control in other threads. In the context of the looper, it's pretty important to have it available prior to (and maybe even during) the loop recording. Naturally, this should be routable to any of the outputs. Once the song (or loop) is underway, the metronome should be defeatble. The metronome and looper are intrinsically related, and there should be a simple way for users to program when / if the metronome is audible.
  2. The looper record length function should be programmable, so that you can set up a 2 or 4 bar (or whatever) loop record length, matched to the tempo. When you hit RECORD, the loop should automatically record the number of bars, then switch over to playback. This would ensure that my loops are always the correct length, and remain in sync with the playback tempo.
  3. You should be able to "arm" the record function, have four beats of countdown, then the looper auto-records for the selected number of bars, and then switches to playback. This, along with #2 and #1, would be a foolproof looping experience.
  4. I have seen some requests for saving a pre-recorded audio loop (basically a sampler function) for triggered playback. I'll echo that request here. I understand that storing audio is perhaps weird use of the memory in the unit, but it would make tricky loops easier. You could get it right once, and then just recall it to build on it.
  5. I would like to have a programmable function that dumps the content of the looper. This would ensure that when I switch to another preset with the looper, it doesn't already have something in the buffer. It's surprised me a few times when I've moved to a song with the looper active, and playback of the previous loop starts. Yes, user error, and can be avoided, but it would be great if the AxeFX III could accept an "erase stored loop" command as a parameter.
isnt the metronome a looper with a certain wave file ? for me its the the same reduced thing with a different name ..

isnt the metronome a looper with a certain wave file ? for me its the the same reduced thing with a different name ..
It's not a loop. I don't know exactly how the unit generate the click sound, but it can't be a loop. If it was, the unit would understand timesignatures. It don't. If it did, one could have strong and weak beats in the click sound. It understands beats. Hence the term midi beat clock. So shortly said: The tempo of the unit is based on beats.

I guessed its not a loop - but once Windows was DOS + UI - now its combined ..
So things could be improved to better ways .. More or less an approach to loop samples - whether recorded - or soundfiles ..
Even multilayer if needed ..

I guessed its not a loop - but once Windows was DOS + UI - now its combined ..
So things could be improved to better ways .. More or less an approach to loop samples - whether recorded - or soundfiles ..
Even multilayer if needed ..
I do not disagree! 👌

Back
Top Bottom