Looper Timing Issues

Wanted to pass along another tip I found today:

I was having an issue trying to use the looper with the FC-12. I checked and verified the settings mentioned throughout this thread and there were no holds on the switches, but still having timing issues with the loop recording.

Turns out that you can't put the record or play controls on the far right switches (6 and 12). This is likely due to the default setting in the FC to change the layout by holding down the two right switches.

I moved the controls elsewhere and it's working great now.

I didn't see this called out in the Axe 3 or FC manual, so might be worth adding to the documentation?

Switch 5 should be fine. Switch 6 seems to cause issues if it's used to stop the initial recording.

If I map record to 6, there's a hiccup at the start of the loop. If I map play to 6 and use that to stop the initial recording, there's a hiccup at the end of the loop. 5/6 are okay the way you described but you have to use Record/Overdub (5) to stop the first loop, not Play/Stop (6). But putting those anywhere else is a lot better.

Do you have "MLM Switch Combo" disabled on your device? I believe that gets rid of the layout switching functionality. I just tested that, and it fixes the timing issue, although you can't switch layouts using the right two switches anymore.

I just spotted this in the manual:

SPECIAL NOTE: On an FC-6 or FC-12, the “MLM Switch Combination” relies on an invisible Hold function on the lower right switch.

So that seems to be the issue (or alternately worded, misunderstanding of intended functionality).

I just spotted this in the manual:

SPECIAL NOTE: On an FC-6 or FC-12, the “MLM Switch Combination” relies on an invisible Hold function on the lower right switch.

So that seems to be the issue (or alternately worded, misunderstanding of intended functionality).
It's exactly that...

Back
Top Bottom