Looper - tap tempo......help me understand

YOGA64

Inspired
From what I seem to be able to understand, the tap tempo function works as a sort of "quantize", and should be helpful to close a loop in time with the tempo of the song, is that correct?

Thanks for your help!

The tap tempo function affects the whole unit on a global level; wich means if you have a looper block it will run at that tempo just as all other effects in your patch. You can set up the looper block to record full bars and that will make the loop close in time with the global tempo. There is also a looper block setting that starts recording and closes the loop on a beat quantized to the tempo.

The first thing I did when I got my AxeFx II was to submit a wish for an option to have the looper block setting the global tempo, but as I understood the discussion this would not be possible to implement as the machine is currently designed. As with the current functionality, I perform with the workaround of

1) using the tap tempo to set a tempo,
2) catching a loop in a delay (that works as my temporary "backing track" to hint about how to record into the looper block),
3) record into the looper block (set to quantize according to tempo).

Not as fun as starting the show with just playing and building up music by catching loops, as the first loop sets the global tempo for the session, but it works good enough. And from this workaround I realised it can be very fun to loop with the delay blocks! Max length goes up to four bars and you can keep a pedal set to X/Y switch between full length and some grooving triplet length; as looping with delay blocks allows for two simultaneous loops spinning (and to that groove you can add a third using the looper block).

Back
Top Bottom