Looper Sometimes being Silenced, sometimes not muting cab mic's?

Aeser

Inspired
I don't get this. I've been tweaking a bunch of presets lately and as I see Leon Todd do all the time i started using the looper and recording a riff into it so i can play that while i concentrate on the settings i'm tweaking so i can get i find better results than when I'm playing, stop, tweak something, go back to playing, stop, tweak something again, etc.

I noticed yesterday I was doing this with my metal patches and it worked great, if i muted a mic that mic muted and if all 4 were muted the patch was silent despite the loop playing the patch, working as intended/as i want it to.

Today I'm tweaking my "everything but metal" patches with my les paul and played a riff into looper and saved it like i did yesterday with my metal patches, but with this one (everything done the same way to my knowledge) when I mute all cab mic's it STILL plays sound just minus the cab/even the amp i can hit bypass on as well as the cab yet it will still make (loud) sound, which makes it difficult to get a clear pictutre of the changes you are making since it's still making rather full volume just un-modeled played sound even with the components bypassed or turned off. They still affect the sound when turned on/not bypassed but it seems mixed with the default DI type sound.

Anyone know why on earth it would do this and or how to fix it so it goes silent when all cab mic's are muted? I am using Dyna Cab's btw exclusively, on both the metal and non metal patches. The only difference i can think of is all the metal patches are generally close mic'd where the non metal ones often have "air" where i've given it some more room sound and changed the alignment on the last 3 of the 4 mic's. But it doesn't seem like that should have anything to do with it, if you shut off a mic it should stop making sound, right?

are there any settings that could cause this? I've been looking and looking but can't find a way to make it act like it should/like it did yesterday when tweaking the metal patches,

Thanks

OMG I put the same looper with the same riff on one of my metal patches and IT mutes the looper when i mute the cab mic's like it's supposed to! so it's gotta be something with these settings. Going nuts.

I don't get this. I've been tweaking a bunch of presets lately and as I see Leon Todd do all the time i started using the looper and recording a riff into it so i can play that while i concentrate on the settings i'm tweaking so i can get i find better results than when I'm playing, stop, tweak something, go back to playing, stop, tweak something again, etc.

I noticed yesterday I was doing this with my metal patches and it worked great, if i muted a mic that mic muted and if all 4 were muted the patch was silent despite the loop playing the patch, working as intended/as i want it to.

Today I'm tweaking my "everything but metal" patches with my les paul and played a riff into looper and saved it like i did yesterday with my metal patches, but with this one (everything done the same way to my knowledge) when I mute all cab mic's it STILL plays sound just minus the cab/even the amp i can hit bypass on as well as the cab yet it will still make (loud) sound, which makes it difficult to get a clear pictutre of the changes you are making since it's still making rather full volume just un-modeled played sound even with the components bypassed or turned off. They still affect the sound when turned on/not bypassed but it seems mixed with the default DI type sound.

Anyone know why on earth it would do this and or how to fix it so it goes silent when all cab mic's are muted? I am using Dyna Cab's btw exclusively, on both the metal and non metal patches. The only difference i can think of is all the metal patches are generally close mic'd where the non metal ones often have "air" where i've given it some more room sound and changed the alignment on the last 3 of the 4 mic's. But it doesn't seem like that should have anything to do with it, if you shut off a mic it should stop making sound, right?

are there any settings that could cause this? I've been looking and looking but can't find a way to make it act like it should/like it did yesterday when tweaking the metal patches,

Thanks
the Air setting is like adding a direct signal "from a different source". so it's the Air setting causing the DI sound.

the mic on the cab is muted, but the DI sound - which doesn't come from the mic on the cab - is still coming through.

Nah I dialed the air all as close as can be like the metal patches but it was still doing it BUT if i select another cab, SAME cab just a new instance on C instead of A, it mutes it as it should! i have no idea why, I wrote down all the settings on everything on the metal one that was working and this supro one that was not and all the settings were the same, i cannot for the live of me figure out why this other cab, SAME CAB just a new instance of it, is doing what it should, wtf did i set that's allowing a DI signal through?

the Air setting is like adding a direct signal "from a different source". so it's the Air setting causing the DI sound.

the mic on the cab is muted, but the DI sound - which doesn't come from the mic on the cab - is still coming through.
AH YES, you WERE right I just misunderstood, when i messed with each setting one by one when i dialed the "Air" setting up on the cab block sound started coming through despite all the mic's being muted/it being silent otherwise, thank you for your advice!

Oh man that was driving me nuts, could not for the life of me figure it out. Didn't realize "Air" was just letting a DI signal through? Weird.

Back
Top Bottom