Looper questions

ericar

Inspired
I've had my AXE for a few months now and just started to play with the looper. This thing has me baffled.
Please help me with some questions. Can a recorded loop be saved with a patch? Is there any way to hit record using axe edit? I tried but the button just switches back to off. Is there any way to assign record to another brand of footswitch? I see that play can be but had no luck with record. I recorded a loop last night and used the trim feature but had to use the front panel of the axe for all of this. I tried again tonight and got a loop recorded and could see the loop on the axe screen but when I hit play could not hear it. when I went to the trim page on the front panel I could see the wave file and could see the cursor moving as it played but could hear nothing. I really wish there was a more in depth manual for the axe. Thanks for any help.

Can a recorded loop be saved with a patch?

No. The current loop can stay in memory through preset changes if looper mode is kept constant, but that's all.

Is there any way to hit record using axe edit? I tried but the button just switches back to off.

Yes if the Axe is set for default record CC#. Otherwise it won't work from Axe-Edit.

Is there any way to assign record to another brand of footswitch? I see that play can be but had no luck with record.

What footswitch? I don't know if you meant MIDI controller or a simple footswitch to Axe pedal port.

Looper record assignment is done at the I/O: CTRL page. This can be set to any CC# or Axe pedal port.

I tried again tonight and got a loop recorded and could see the loop on the axe screen but when I hit play could not hear it. when I went to the trim page on the front panel I could see the wave file and could see the cursor moving as it played but could hear nothing.

Seeing the preset would be useful. Was the block engaged and routed to the output? Mix & level turned up enough to hear loop?

FWIW,
I personally think the Looper block is not up to the standard or functionality of the rest of the product/blocks... For me, It's one of those, were it could be genius (and easier to use effectively, without fancy midi controls).. But isn't.

That said, check out some of these previous posts for help tip's and work around's.. I myself have questioned this block a couple of times... I have a work around but I don't have a "hard on" over it.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...arts-and-stops-recording.118919/#post-1416328

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...d-by-a-simple-footswitch.115778/#post-1391387

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/basic-use-of-looper-without-mfc.116507/

Thanks guys. I am working on it. I find it strange that the record feature has to be global . At least that is what it looks like to me. I have set 2 switches on my FC300 to record and play but now it would seem I can't use those switches for anything else.

Thanks guys. I am working on it. I find it strange that the record feature has to be global . At least that is what it looks like to me. I have set 2 switches on my FC300 to record and play but now it would seem I can't use those switches for anything else.

You could set two Ext Ctrls to the same CC#s as looper record/play. That would allow use as modifier sources when there's no looper.

Are you using control change mode at all on the FC300? You could instead have one page/setup with looper controls there, and one or more without.

Back
Top Bottom