Looper & MFC

cobbler

Fractal Fanatic
Has anyone configured their MFC to use the looper? I am curious how you went about it. Do you use the "reveal" switch?

That is what I did with mine, seems to work fine.

I used all 5 switches to control all the functions, but I think I read where a member used one switch for rec and play. While holding the button down the Axe was in "record" mode and when you let off it goes in to "play" mode.

Seems like a better way to do it than the way I did it, but I haven't spent the time to figure out how to do it the other way.

The Looper is exclusive to the Ultra (along with other perks like access to the secret forum, MFC list priority and backrubs from Cliff).

Commoners don't get a looper and are not supposed to be told they exist... Wait. You are an Ultra owner aren't you?

gittarzann said:
Seems like a better way to do it than the way I did it, but I haven't spent the time to figure out how to do it the other way.

Not necessarily better. I found it to be more difficult lifting my foot perfectly in time than just stepping on it a second time, like I'm used from tap tempo. Of course practice makes perfect though ;)

I used 4 of the 5 open IAs from my 5 preset AxeFx defaul set up. Gace unique CC#s in the IO page of the Axe Ultra for Looper 1 and 2 (same #s used). I use Delay2 in most my patches set up as a looper. Matched in MFC and now hit IA 1 for record (very limited 26 sec), second hit of IA 1 naturally stops early and starts playing loop, hit IA 2 and this engages play (nothing changes), second hit of IA 2 and it all stops but is in there for any time I want to hit again. IA 3 is set to allow adding notes to the loop, IA 4 reverses loop (hit again back normal). I don't use the once option and have IA 5 as a filter to boost volume is needed.

Most likely new this, but I learned by tinkering with the old LF Jr. Quicker set up here in MFC. kt

I'm getting old because I could I'm sure I posted on this yesterday but can not find it. ;-)

I have delay 2 in most of my patches set up as a looper. I use The reveal button an have IA 1 set up as record, IA 2 set up as play( mostly used to stop playback though) IA 3 as stack . I set them up as momentary. So to record I press IA 1 and hold my foot down u till I'm ready to let it loop. I find this easier since I don't have to step on the switch again. It automatic goes into play after that.

I usethe other IAs 4-5 for other things like drive 2 and flange

Larry

rickboot said:
The Looper is exclusive to the Ultra (along with other perks like access to the secret forum, MFC list priority and backrubs from Cliff).

Commoners don't get a looper and are not supposed to be told they exist... Wait. You are an Ultra owner aren't you?

Alas I am a commoner no looooooper for me :(

hi Guys,
Is there a "step by step" on how to configure the MFC/Ultra for looping ?
thanks,

I'll give it a go.

1) Have an Ultra
2) put a delay block at the end of you signal chain. I use Delay2 myself
3) Press edit on the effect blosk and under "type" select looper
4) Go to Global menu and on "config" tab select spillover for delay to be on (this allows you to have it jump from one preset to another where you have another delay2 set up - at least it did for me before I got the MFC...more on that later)
5) Go to I/O menu and jump to "CNTRL" tab and write down the CC # assigned to Looper2 Rec, Play, Once, Dub, & Rev (I actually make Looper1 & 2 the same CC#s just in case)
6) Obtain a midi controller (Had LF Jr but just moved up to MFC)
7) Assuming you have MFC... Set up IA switches per Pg 18 as General Use (I used the 5 preset spots from Reveal myself). Pg 19 has the actual steps.... insert the CC# for the ones you want, save and start looping.

It only has 16 seconds or so, so you cannot get a good blues I IV V, but a short pattern is great for practicing over or working out solos. I often loop when I perform without band members to fill up space.

I cannot get the looper to keep rolling as I cross presets with the MFC, but Larry has it working, so I am not sure where I am mixed up as it does work with other controllers. I do have the Delay2 block on in all the presets, spillover engaged, and even tried in "Bank style" as none (Pg 57, I like the First style myself).

Hope this helps and please let me know if you can Loop across presets. kt

Back
Top Bottom