Looper Location

Jalevinemd

Inspired
I want to record a clean loop and then be able to solo (with an overdrive block) over the loop. But I want the loop to remain clean. I can't figure out from the instructions where I should have the Looper in the chain.

Also, once a loop is recorded, is it permanently stored in the FX8 memory until it is erased?

Thanks,

Jonathan

1) Global looper location: OUT PRE – The looper is positioned after PRE effects just before the OUT PRE jack. However, if 4 CM - I think OUT POST - (Not tried).
2) Recorded loop is not permanent.

I can't seem to get both signals loud enough so I can hear my playing and the loop at the same time.

I want to record a clean loop and then be able to solo (with an overdrive block) over the loop. But I want the loop to remain clean. I can't figure out from the instructions where I should have the Looper in the chain.

Thanks,

Jonathan

it depends on where your distortion comes from, and requires careful balancing of your clean and distorted signals. i'm running 4cm, and get my distortion from my preamp, i put the looper at post-in.

I love my FX8. But I've always found the manual sorely lacking. If it weren't for the Forum and YouTube Videos, I think people like myself who have had no prior Axe-Fx exposure (or who aren't the most computer literate) would be utterly lost. I'm assuming that this is due to the fact that a unit such as the FX8 - with its warehouse of functions - would have a prohibitively large manual were it complete. I do keep hoping for the "FX8 For Dummies" series to come out, though.

I did not know that. It seems to me that a manual update might be in order.

I bought the Infinity Looper for that purpose, expecting the FAS looper to be a more basic one, but I can see how it would be nice to have that in the AX8.

I have the original manual. It doesn't say anything about the loops not being stored until erased. It just says that if you change the looper mode then the memory will be cleared entirely.

I did not know that. It seems to me that a manual update might be in order.

I bought the Infinity Looper for that purpose, expecting the FAS looper to be a more basic one, but I can see how it would be nice to have that in the AX8.

I couldn't agree more. The reason I bought the FX8 was so I could bid farewell to all of my pedals. Sucks having to lug one around now. Seems with all of the available CPU, being able to store at least one loop wouldn't be too much to accomplish.

Back
Top Bottom