Looper help / looper seems to shorten the loop when replaying it.

rigo

hello all.

something tells me im missing something really easy...

the issues is while trying to create a loop, i hit record and start playing, then i hit the button again to stop the loop and its automatically starts playing, so far so good.

the loop that starts playing back seems to be just fractions of a second too short.. i know what you are thinking, i'm not hitting the start or stop buttons at the precise time to make to loop perfectly in time.

when it first happened i just figured i had 1 too many beers that night, but this keeps happening night after night..
also keep in mind, i've used loopers before on my analog rig and i have to admit i was not the best, i was still able to create a loop that was on time.

i went a step further and set up a metronome to help me hit the start-stop button on time, and still had the same issue.

so then i had our drummer try it, ( he is a very good guitar player with plenty of experience with other loopers)
and he was also unable to get the loop to sync up correctly.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

To be honest, I have never been able to get the time right myself. I tried it a few times when I first got my Axe 2 but gave up. I just assumed it was just me

What foot controller are you using? Some controllers send their messages when the buttons are released instead of when they are first pressed and that can mess with your timing. Also what is the CPU load on your preset? If it's close to 90% or more that can mess with timing too.

What foot controller are you using? Some controllers send their messages when the buttons are released instead of when they are first pressed and that can mess with your timing. Also what is the CPU load on your preset? If it's close to 90% or more that can mess with timing too.

Any idea if the MFC is one that sends messages when the button is released? I've always had a hard time getting the looper timed right too. I don't loop much but used to use a TC 2290 & TC controller for looping & it is much easier to get a good, clean loop with no glitches at the endpoint.

Any idea if the MFC is one that sends messages when the button is released? I've always had a hard time getting the looper timed right too. I don't loop much but used to use a TC 2290 & TC controller for looping & it is much easier to get a good, clean loop with no glitches at the endpoint.

Nope. MFC sends on press. It's usually controllers that allow you to hold the button down for a secondary function. Timing is everything. If you start the loop on the 1st beat of the measure, you can't end it until the 1st beat of the next measure after the looped phrase. Otherwise it will be too short to stay in time with measures that follow.

Nope. MFC sends on press. It's usually controllers that allow you to hold the button down for a secondary function. Timing is everything. If you start the loop on the 1st beat of the measure, you can't end it until the 1st beat of the next measure after the looped phrase. Otherwise it will be too short to stay in time with measures that follow.

Thanks Mr Fender. Not sure why I have no issue with the 2290 other than the type of switches on the MFC are totally different, having a hard click when they are engaged as opposed to the soft touch of the 2290 controller.

Switch feel can definitely make a difference. I think the older versions of the MFC had different switches. The ones on my Mark III are soft touch with no click.

i have the mfc 101 mark III

I've been having better results with quantize on "quarter" and selecting the appropriate number of beats for the length of the loop.

I've been having better results with quantize on "quarter" and selecting the appropriate number of beats for the length of the loop.

i'll have to try this next. other suggested making sure Quantize is turned off and it is. still having problems

Back
Top Bottom