Looper Half Time Glitch?

Ryan Pullin

I'm having a problem where my looper creates this extremely high pitched noise whenever I engage the "half" function. It's not the entire unit that's making the noise, just the looper itself as I can hear the noise being reverberated and repeated by the reverb and delay.

I run a low gain drive and compressor in front of my FX8, and the noise is at a very consistent level when these are engaged. If I turn them off, the noise isn't present during silence but there is a faint high pitch squeal coming through the loop whenever the signal comes in. The noise is tamed but it's still there nonetheless.

I have my looper location set as "in pre," and I would prefer it in this location as I'll use effects to manipulate the loop. Is anyone else having this issue, or can recreate this issue at least?

I am simply just recording a loop, then hitting "play" then "half" so I don't think I'm doing anything crazy. I tried this on a preset with CPU usage no higher than 75% and another of much less CPU usage, and still had the same problem.

I'm having a problem where my looper creates this extremely high pitched noise whenever I engage the "half" function. It's not the entire unit that's making the noise, just the looper itself as I can hear the noise being reverberated and repeated by the reverb and delay.

I run a low gain drive and compressor in front of my FX8, and the noise is at a very consistent level when these are engaged. If I turn them off, the noise isn't present during silence but there is a faint high pitch squeal coming through the loop whenever the signal comes in. The noise is tamed but it's still there nonetheless.

I have my looper location set as "in pre," and I would prefer it in this location as I'll use effects to manipulate the loop. Is anyone else having this issue, or can recreate this issue at least?

I am simply just recording a loop, then hitting "play" then "half" so I don't think I'm doing anything crazy. I tried this on a preset with CPU usage no higher than 75% and another of much less CPU usage, and still had the same problem.
Maybe there is some very high pitched noise in your guitar and amp signal that only can be heard when you play it at half speed... at normal speed only the dogs ;)

Maybe there is some very high pitched noise in your guitar and amp signal that only can be heard when you play it at half speed... at normal speed only the dogs ;)

My boutique single coils are so dynamic that I have achieved unparalleled sonic capabilities.

On FW 5.02 and I'm still having this issue. Starting to think it may be some super sonic frequency being sent through my signal but I never had this issue with the Axe FX 2 looper.

Can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom