Looper control functionality

Hi Adam,

Finally, but this is a very different point, the looper would be much easier to use if any silence at the beginning/end of the recorded audio is automatically truncated.

This would make the looper x10 better IMHO

But what if I wanted a beat of silence... Say my loop starts on 1 but the first note is on the & ?

I've already implemented that actually. It is switchable on/off so you don't lose the old way of doing things.

Cliff just hasn't had time yet to get it into a firmware update. Hopefully, we'll have it for you guys soon :).

+1 for a smarter looper control. It's funny with the scope of this whole system and how capable it is, the one thing that turns out to be janky is the one of the main effects I need (except for the amp and cab models)

Posted the same thing Looper Axe-fx II and MFC-101 setup help - Page 3 << here. But I have 2 momentary switches I want to use for *at least* the record / play / stop / play. ie. Record on stomp down, play on release, *one press* down to stop, and then again to play.. etc. I want to use external momentary HW switches so I cant use IA linking. Something like what has been described here - the 2 switch record / play / overdub / stop and reset functions on the 2 switches like on other loopers would be just great. Would be good to actually be able to assign 'control' like you do for the exp pedals so you are controlling the state of the effect and not just toggling the CC from 0 to 127. Then my external switches can be there as a control options for other things as well! That all might be too much of an ask.. but just some better looper control would be great.

My looper controls on the MFC are set up like this:

RECORD (Press once to record, press again to immediately start loop.)
IA01 NONE c1 CC#028 Off000 On127

STOP/STUTTER (Stops recording or playback. If already stopped, it will also function as a momentary stutter, triggering the loop until you let go of the button.)
IA02 NONE c1 CC#029 Off000 On127

PLAY (Starts playback of the loop)
IA03 NONE c1 CC#029 Off127 On127

STACK (Overdub)
IA03 NONE c1 CC#032 Off000 On127

I hope this helps!

EDIT: Extra settings I forgot to originally post:

EDIT->SETUP->PAGE RIGHT x 8 and make sure the IA's are set

IA1 RECORD - TOGGLE

IA2 STOP/STUTTER - MOMENTARY

IA3 PLAY - MOMENTARY

IA4 STACK - TOGGLE

Hi Guys,

I am trying to do the same thing here.....just not sure how to get IA01 switched to "OFF" instead of "Axe FX" while leaving the other IA's in "Axe Fx" mode?

Thanks,
Derek

I am trying to do the same thing here.....just not sure how to get IA01 switched to "OFF" instead of "Axe FX" while leaving the other IA's in "Axe Fx" mode?

Do you mean "NONE" like you highlighted in green?

On the MFC, press EDIT -> MIDI -> PAGE RIGHT x 6 and you should be looking at a screen that says IA01 Axe-Fx XXXX, where XXXX is whatever that IA is currently set to, eg. DRIVE1, CHORUS2 etc.

Hit PARAMETER RIGHT once so the cursor has that effect selected and scroll UP or DOWN until you find NONE. NONE is located before AMP1 in the alphabetical list of effects. Now it should say IA01 Axe-Fx NONE. Hit EXIT/SAVE and provided you have the other settings correct, you should be in business.

Back
Top Bottom