Looper configuration

JoeHans

Inspired
How do you guys set up your looper?

I've been trying to set the looper but haven't really figured it out. I want the looper to be before the amp block and I'd like it to play the recorded loop right after recording. If it is setup in a single row the guitar doesn't go through the looper block before the loop is played. In parallel it seems to boost the signal a bit even though the mix is 100%. Also the looper seems to add a small gap after I stop the record function. What's the deal with that?

I use a FCB1010 with Uno for controlling the looper and I've checked the threads about looper and FCB1010. Any tips would be highly appreciated.

I use this setup: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other-midi-controllers/18596-fcb1010-looper-controls.html

The looper is placed in parallel and I just adjusted the level to make it work, that is not so difficult (and actually I like the looper to be a bit lower volume than my signal.)

I did not have any issues with the gap you are talking about, but mostly when I use it live I go from recording directly to play? I never turned the recording off and then
played it back, so I don't know how that works.

Jens

Yesterday I took another shot at this and finally got it working the way I want. The problem seemed to be I didn't have the "alt" values setup correctly. I was using FCB editor instead of Ripwerx (doesn't recognize my FCB) so the instructions didn't apply so easily.

Even though it took a little more effort to understand how it worked now I'm looking at the bright side of this: once again I learned a bit more in depth how to control the Axe. And man.. I sure had some fun last night messing around with the looper! ;)

Back
Top Bottom