Loooper Issue FW 17.04 to 19 to 17.04

Hey all - have a little issue that I'm hoping you can help out with - it's driving me crazy and I feel like I've tried everything.

I have an Axe-Fx Mk II and recently starting building a duplicate rig - I need a rig for the studio and one for someone to use live. Through a friend, I got an XL Plus. I actually have been super happy with Firmware 17.04. However, since I got the XL Plus I have to upgrade for them to both be consistent since I can't get 17.04 on the new Axe-Fx and I want to be able to create new patches and then transfer them over to the XL as time goes on.

So, I spent a few afternoons and finally tweaked everything in FW 19 to be as close as possible to what I had in 17.04. I'm playing quite a large festival this weekend and I'd rather use 17.04 on the old Axe-Fx II since there haven't been too many rehearsals for said festival.

However, when I rolled back to FW 17.04, loaded my saved patches and system file, the Looper has an issue. It is set up so that I can switch patches and have the Loop keep going. Had no issues until now. Now - it seems that the mix resets to zero when I change patches. I do use an expression pedal for controlling the mix. I notice that if I switch patches on the Axe-Fx itself everything is fine, but when doing so with the MFC-101 (MK II) it doesn't work. It seems that it resets the mix back to zero despite where the expression pedal is and once I move it - the mix is re-engaged. This was never a problem before.

What I've tried to troubleshoot:
-Restored MFC Completely, and reloaded FW and backups
-Reset System Parameters on Axe-Fx
-Gone from FW 17.04 to 19 back to 17.04 several times - and restoring my saved patches, system prefs, and cabs each time
-Tried both options for "Ignore Redundant PC" on Axe-Fx

**BTW - issue is on both FW 17 and 19 now...

Check if PC RST is enabled on mix modifier. If this happened somehow that would explain it.

Have you read about and tried the MFC bank size trick that's fixed some issues after FW updates? Set bank size to a different value, then back to desired value.

Did you look at the MFC pedal settings, specifically beginning value? Also made sure no preset override of global pedal setting?

Which external ctrl # are you using for this modifier? Is it at the default CC#? You mentioned an MFC backup--is it possible another pedal/switch port, internal CC or general-use IA was configured to use the same CC#?

THANK YOU! Finally figured it out. On the MFC had to make the BegValue set to PEDAL (it was off). Don't know why that got reset. Thanks so much! Made my day.

OFF should also work since the Axe would use the last value received. I'd try the bank size thing then look through settings or do a reset if switching it back to OFF causes the issue again. Some other setting is probably causing a 0 value to be sent for this CC# before the pedal position gets sent.

Yeah...OFF didn't work - that's what was on prior me switching to Pedal.
The bank size thing did not work - nor did my previous resets. Glad what I did helped, but yeah it's weird that it worked before...

Back
Top Bottom