Looking for the most compact Axe Rig- rack, board etc...

Laskyman

Inspired
I was wondering if any of you can post a pic of the most compact rack/case/bag option for your axe as well as the pedalboard/controller with the smallest footprint yet most functionality.
I am taking up too much real estate on some of the smaller stage venues we play.
Thanks-

What are you using ? I mean a 2-4 space case on the floor sideways with a Liquid Foot Jr. and a CC pedal is pretty minimal space wise.

I'm using a 4space rack-very deep though- plus a fcb1010 in a pedalboard. It takes up some space....thinking about a smaller 2 or 3 space rack bag....I'll check out the LF controller.....

Take a snapshot of your stage position at your next show. Let us see what you're dealing with? Some here may have some good ideas to share.

for my smallest gigs, I would use my AxeFXII i a 2 space rack, on it's side at the back/side of the stage, and one 30' midi cable to a Midi mouse pedal and one expression pedal....

The footswitch with maximum functionality in minimal space is without a doubt the Gordius little giant. Anything smaller has far less functionality.

7138959705_7422943a25.jpg

Compact rig

Gator GRB2U (2 space rack bag), Liquid-Foot Jr or the new Liquid-Foot Mini, Mono Cases Vertigo Bag with Tick attachment (I THINK will fit the Liquid-Foot). If you want a board - probably the Pedaltrain stuff - different size options with soft cases. Below is a video I just did on 3 rack bags - the Gator is the most compact by a small margin.

The Gator and the SKB are plywood shells. So they aren't too flimsy. The Roadrunner bag is plastic and a bit flexible.

That said - they have pockets on the top and may not be level enough for an amp to sit on. Between the zipper and pocket it may be too uneven. I haven't tried putting an amp head on a rack bag before though....

Back
Top Bottom