Looking for some Tool tones

shodan5000

Inspired
I've been trying to see if I can nail Adam Jone's tone from 10,000 Days with my standard and can't quite get it. This is for direct recording. If anyone has some good patch making skills and could post it up it would definitely be appreciated.

I've been trying to see if I can nail Adam Jone's tone from 10,000 Days with my standard and can't quite get it. This is for direct recording. If anyone has some good patch making skills and could post it up it would definitely be appreciated.

What amps are you trying? Diezel and Mesa? AJ uses a 2 amp setup up usually. Guitars will make a big difference too.

oh and by the way i am looking for some tool tones too, but more of the aenima/undertow area.

i think adams guitar tone on 10,000 days is WAAAAAY overproduced! the only thing which joe barresi did good was justins bass sound.

Using a les paul and have been going at it with the diezel and marsha sims but getting nowhere. That old clip is exactly what I'm looking for but after I downloaded that patch it will not load up in the axe-edit software. Is it because the patch isn't compatible with the latest editor or something?

Zorran's patch was made on the Ultra, so it might not be compatible with the Standard.

This is true, but shouldn't it still load up in the editor even without the axe itself connected? I really just want to see how it was constructed so I can start getting a better idea on how to create my own stuff. I know someone out there has the know how to do this and your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This is true, but shouldn't it still load up in the editor even without the axe itself connected?

I can't offer much help tone wise but I have had this same problem lately. It seems patches I download from this new forum that existed before the move no longer will come up in axe edit. It just acts like they aren't there. It might not be related but I can no longer use axe edit for examining patches. :cry

of course adam has an amazing tone but nothing like the one he had on aenima. i think he used a chorus and flanger together to get that unbelieveable, characteristic aenima sound. i fucking love those intersecting modulations. i was very disappointed when lateralus came out and he had a much more standard, normal hing gain amp tone which ofcourse sounded amazing but not what it used to be. boo hoo.

Back
Top Bottom