Looking for others who are using the Ultra with a Boogie 2:90 and cab(s)

I am using this type of a set up. I mus admit, I have been very happy with clean tones but the distortion tones just are NOT working for me. NONE OF THEM! They seem limp. Lifeless. The Plexi for example has this unfavorable flubby bottom end. The Boogies have no "dig" in that they seem to lack depth. I am using my Triaxis for all of my distortion tones and I have even been able to dial on some cool medium tones and the Vox tones are very useable but when it comes to something with some real drive..>I'm NOT into it! Very Not into it. I used to have a JMP 1 and before I go and buy another to get my Marshall sounds, there MUST be something you guys have done. I'm just not "feeling it". The sounds just don't seem to come out, they are not on top of the mix, they feel like background music as opposed up front and in your face.

I am using the ultra into a mesa 2:95 into 2 4x12 cabs and the higain tones are just astounding. Clear, tight and rich with no flub at all. I am using the Marsha and the solo 99 models. If you are interested, I would be happy to post the .syx.

I have not yet worked out the whole editor piece yet. Weird because when 10.0 came out, I had o problem getting that loaded but for some reason I am a complete RTard in using it for editing. I am VERY interested in users patches but just have not worked out the kinks in my editor yet. I think part of the problem is that I have been using my Triaxis for nearly 20 years and have that sound stuck in my head. I will play with the Marsha and Solo 99 models. Have not really touched them much.

I'm in San Diego. It really seems like the AxeFx was designed more for DI situations. The sounds are much easier to dial using this method. I love my Ultra but am a bit disappointed in its preamps in a standard set up. The tweaking is endless, where dialing in using DI is quicker and simpler. If I had one complain, this would be the only one. The effects are simply incredible. The Dr. Z, Vox and Shiver (clean) are incredible. I wish the switcher jacks on the back worked better for a traditional switch, they were more designed for expression pedal. To bad they can't do both. When you use a standard stereo/switcher you have to click it 3 times to initiate with each patch switch. Pain the ass! So I am using CC with my ground control but it would be COOL to have the option of 4 switchers to turn things on and off..any way...I ramble!

Back
Top Bottom