Looking for Keith Urban tones!

Hey everyone,

Just got my Ultra, and I play a gibson les paul goldtop. Im using the Ultra into a Carvin TS100 into a Mesa Boogie Thiele 1x12. Ultra's cam sims are off globally. I am using power amp simulation also.

I am looking for a country keith urban tone, my band is going to be covering a few of his songs like Kiss a Girl and a few more. I've tried the Trainwreck and the Dr. Z but they just don't have the right tone, unless I'm doing something really wrong. Any suggestions?

Keith Urban tone with a LP, could be a bit tough, you have the right sims, but you'll need to tweak the 'tone' before it hits those amps to better replicate playing through a 'strat' or 'tele'....both those guitars as well as your LP have very distinct tones. You should try adding either Graphic and removing some of the LP lows/lower mids, or adding a treble booster drive sim to help accentuate the tone you get out of a strat or tele...just my advice as a start point. We do Save a Horse and it has that overdriven Strat country tone. I do something similar. Same as when we did All Summer Long...to get that sweet home sound a treble booster 'mixed' to taste will do wonders.

Back
Top Bottom