Looking for Inexpensive modeler with headphone out

Anything I tested in that ballpark sounded like shit. I'd feel bad recommending anything in that price range. I stuck a while though with a Korg Pandora, very cool.

Reactions: Rex
That Boss Katana Go video sounds good enough to me for practice/travel. It sounds better than the Fender version that I own.

That Boss Katana Go video sounds good enough to me for practice/travel. It sounds better than the Fender version that I own.
I'm not sure the player did it complete justice in that sweerwater vid - will be interesting to see/hear what John Cordy, Brett, or Leon can do with it.

I think clean and metal always sound good, but the little boxes struggle with AC/DC crunch. This doesn't seem good at all. I had to find the same thing with my Harley Benton Dnafx Git. I would actually prefer a FM3 for vacation, but I'm afraid that in the end I won't be satisfied with the headphone sound and I'll have wasted €2,000. That's why I'm sticking with the DNAfx and a small, bass-heavy cable connected "Bluetooth speaker". That sounds good enough for 2 weeks.
I also would like to have the possiblity to test/mix two IRs in parallel. Line6 is not able to do. If so I would take the Line6 Pod Go for vacations. My alternative is still the Marshall Code, but just if you want to have the Marshall sound and you have a lot of time to get it with it. Good sound needs CPU power, that's why I prefer the AXE FX III Turbo (~50% CPU usage). Refer to my rig pic in my signature.

Last edited:
Look into the Valeton stuff. I have been using the GP200 for over a year and LOVE it!!
It was better than any of the pod or zoom stuff. The have a few different models to choose from to fit a budget!
It's prolly the best budget gear I have ever used.

I've often thought of bringing something like one of these to music stores when I'm trying out guitars. In headphones, don't have to compete with the weedle-deedle crowd, and you get to use something you know, instead of what the store randomly has on the floor with a power cord. We'll see.

Look into the Valeton stuff. I have been using the GP200 for over a year and LOVE it!!
It was better than any of the pod or zoom stuff...
Of course that's your opinion. I'd classify Valeton with Mooer. It's not bad but it's one of many Chinese manufacturers. They're okay for the money.

Of course that's your opinion. I'd classify Valeton with Mooer. It's not bad but it's one of many Chinese manufacturers. They're okay for the money.
Correct, I think Valeton may be made by Hotone. And I really should not have said better, just worked best for me rather. I have had some Zoom stuff that I loved also!! ;)

Correct, I think Valeton may be made by Hotone. And I really should not have said better, just worked best for me rather. I have had some Zoom stuff that I loved also!! ;)
I think you might be right about Hotone. Who knows with those companies? It's crazy how many nicely priced options are out there these days. Honestly you can get pretty good sounds out of almost anything currently produced.

Katana Go i assume? If you have time, maybe let us know your thoughts on it after a bit of usage.

I haven't had a chance to put it thru all of its capabilities for the money its great - prob way better when I figure out how to load a YT video backing track on my Samusung Android

Also be nice to check it out on pc but would need a longer cable

Tones are nice and very tweakable just wish I could hear it in context of backing track to get full effect - not a phone guy

App is nice as its a pia to change stuff with physical unit - (Les Paul style cable jack input) it rotates easily once in jack kind of irritating

I would turn up effects as they are pretty straight forward as is - meaning like delay you need to turn effect up a bit to get a nice effect

Tons of tweaking for all the effects - theres a ton of stuff to do in this tiny unit - incredible

Should be cool to hear it on my pc

Over all worth every penny

Been pretty sick for last 2 weeks so I haven't really had to much time with it

Anyone know how to load backing track and use this at same time would luv if you can tell me how :)

I can build a pc with my eyes closed but phones not so much

Back
Top Bottom