Looking for Inexpensive modeler with headphone out

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
My son asked me about this. Since I only live in Fractal land, I'm not up to date on what is available.
This would be for guitar and bass.
Again, inexpensive and easy to use are very important.
Any suggestions?

I would buy an audio interface and get him to use a guitar plugin. Especially because the graphics are so good, most will be very easy to use. For the cost of the plugins, there's plenty of guitar amp sim freeware.

I would buy an audio interface and get him to use a guitar plugin. Especially because the graphics are so good, most will be very easy to use. For the cost of the plugins, there's plenty of guitar amp sim freeware.
I second this. Maybe look into Tonocracy since it's free.

I’m pretty sure this has the same modeling tech as the Mighty Plug Pro which I got as a practice/vacation/noodling gadget and really quite impressed by the sound quality. I can’t vouch for the build quality, but the MPP is a solid and packed with features for the price. NUX Audio
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/nux-mg-300-multi-effects-and-amp-modeler-effects-pedal?rNtt=nux mg300&index=1
Update:
If you could swing the MG-30 it has much more flexibility and sound quality.
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/nux-mg30-multi-effects-and-amp-modeler-effects-pedal

Last edited:
Pod Go Express for $175 is a steal , it’s also an audio interface he can record with
Play to backing tracks etc
Runs on batteries

Hey Scott, if you want to send me your address and I'd be happy to send you my used PodXT bean (it's in the garage), just pay shipping.
I'm in FL. I also have a foot controller and carrying case for it, if you want to whole thing...full disclosure: it is kinda heavy if include the footcontoller, yet it has a pedal for the wah built-in...like the Helix controller. It's not necessary, yet makes volume control, tone changes, etc much easier.
Not in perfect shape but regardless, it's a good starter unit.

Let me know if you want any of it.

Kindly,
Tim

Hey Scott, if you want to send me your address and I'd be happy to send you my used PodXT bean (it's in the garage), just pay shipping.
I'm in FL. I also have a foot controller and carrying case for it, if you want to whole thing...full disclosure: it is kinda heavy if include the footcontoller, yet it has a pedal for the wah built-in...like the Helix controller. It's not necessary, yet makes volume control, tone changes, etc much easier.
Not in perfect shape but regardless, it's a good starter unit.

Let me know if you want any of it.

Kindly,
Tim

I bought one of those to use during a family move. I had to live in a new city while waiting for my house to sell. I had the XT and a OCD pedal and a budget guitar and some phones. Not great but it did the job until I was reunited with my rig and family. Been in a box ever since.

Back
Top Bottom