Looking for ideas for the Perform pages

macfly

Inspired
Over the past couple of years that I've been using the AF3 and FM9 I have set up a few things in "Perform" but never seem to use them. Thus I thought I'd ping the community to see what you guys find useful for gigging.

My latest idea is to put graphic eqs just before Out 1 (my IEM) and Out 2 (FOH). I'm using the 5 Band Mark eq and put each band in the Global Perform page. I think this will create a quick and easy way to make some minor tweaks if needed. GEQ 1 is on the top row for Out 1, and GEQ 2 on the bottom row for Out 2.

Still re-thinking what I'll do in the Per Preset Perform section.

What are you all doing?

Last edited:
My usual suspects are as follows.
  • Input low cut in amp block
  • Input drive amp block
  • Cab preamp type
  • Cab preamp drive / sustain
  • Cab low cut / Cab high cut
  • Delay mix / delay feedback
  • Reverb mix / level. Depending on series vs parallel
  • Depending on amp type, amp block hicut (for class a style amps)
I am doing absolutely no live gigs, so this is all purely stuff I would sometimes reach for in axe edit. So just done in a way to allow me to utilize the front panel quicker and focus on doing what i actually want to do; play guitar lol.

These are what are in my Global Performance Controls for my…

FM9 and FX3:
Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 11.39.14 AM.png

FM3:
Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 11.41.20 AM.png

They seem to do what I want, but YMMV.

I thought about having the OUT EQ bands in the Global Performance Control, but figured I only am likely to need them once during a set, but if I switch guitars, which is a more likely occurrence, I'd need to adjust Amp settings.

PS - I have a preset at the end of my personal presets that is where I store my Global Performance Control settings. I copied from the Global to the Per-Preset panel using the Copy << button, then save the preset. If I ever need to reset the system settings I can jump to that preset and click Copy >> and it'll reset the Global Performance Control settings again.

Thinking about it more, it might be convenient to create presets with the individual Graphic EQ bands for each OUT in the Per-Preset panes. Moving between individual presets is faster than drilling down to the actual Global EQ pages.

PPS - To help adjust the OUT block EQ, I have a preset with a Synth -> Out 1 predefined. I added that combination to the presets I built for EQ, with the appropriate related Out block in the layout. The Synth block Type is set to White Noise, and Tracking to Off. I dragged the Synth Frequency control into the Per-Preset Performance pane in the first control, and set the Graphic EQ's 31 Hz slider to -12dB because I want it to cut always.

PPPS - The Frequency parameter for the Synth block probably won't do anything useful with it set to White Noise. Dragging the Type control into the pane over the 64Hz control in the Per-Preset Performance pane might make sense. That's what I'm going to do.

Attachments

• FM9 OUT 1 EQ.syx.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Noise gen..syx.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
PS - I have a preset at the end of my personal presets that is where I store my Global Performance Control settings. I copied from the Global to the Per-Preset panel using the Copy << button, then save the preset. If I ever need to reset the system settings I can jump to that preset and click Copy >> and it'll reset the Global Performance Control settings again.
nice, good tip

Back
Top Bottom