Looking for help one last time.

hi again,
just for giggles, create a preset that has no blocks - ie, a line from input straight to output with no amps, cabs, or effects.
repeat your test with that preset. If the music still sounds like shit, email fractal support, with text including everything you’ve tried so far. That’ll help with their initial diagnosis.
if the music sounds good (like as if you just plugged it straight to your monitors) - suspect you’re 1/4 inch guitar jack or something else in the guitar.
you poor bugger - hope you get it solved soon.

Thanks for coming back for additional input, Pauly!

When I did the tests with the music I did indeed have a completely shunted preset - just a straight line from input to output, as you said. I also ensured there were no other factors that might contribute to the signal, like gate settings, output settings, global EQ/gain, etc. Everything off or flat.

But the good news is I've already heard back from FAS support, and the gentleman gave me a couple of things to try out. So at least I have something to work with first thing in the morning! I'll continue to update this thread as I go along, just in case some other poor soul is being driven nuts by similar issues.

Back
Top Bottom